• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do your lovebirds talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovebird57

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Amy
I swear Kito says pretty bird and good night? Am I dreaming this or is it possible? When she sees my husband she's sounds like she's trying to say hello but it comes out what we call a quack quack sound. She is a vocal cutie right now! She wolf whistles too. She will laugh when we laugh.

She came out of her cage and I got her to jump on my arm this morning. I took her into the "computer" room and had a pleasant time together. She was much calmer away from the other birds. She walked down and picked at my fingers on the mouse. She played with the mouse pad. I gave her millet when she was being good. Then she sat quietly for a while. It was so cool to have that time together because she is meaner when she's out in the room with the other birds.:)She won't let me touch her like when she first got here but it's progress. Everyday day I never know what bird I will wake up to!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I am told they can talk, but mine do not.

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
I've heard lovebirds that do talk so yes, it's possible. Mine doesn't. I love the name Kito!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
It is very rare, but they do talk. Mine do not.

Ginger

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Mine don't, but I know several who do say a couple phrases. We have a little girl at the store right now who says "step up" and another short phrase that I can't make out yet. She is super cute:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.