• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do your birds trust you too much?

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Silly question, but does anyone else’s birds trust them TOO much?? :roflmao: Phoenix definitely trusts me way too much

I have so many stories, but today really showed he trusts me an unhealthy amount.
I had just come back into my room, my birds were out of the cage (I wasn’t out of the room for long, only a couple minutes). I couldn’t find Phoenix anywhere! I’m walking really slowly calling him, he’s singing “Bacon bacon pancake!” But I have no clue where it’s coming from

Suddenly I feel something soft under my foot
I stepped on him! And he didn’t even move!! None of my weight went on him as I was walking very slow for that reason I might accidentally step on him (I couldnt see well without my glasses on) but you would think he would have flown off the moment my foot touched his back! Goodness :rofl:

He has also thrown himself onto me countless times. And no I don’t mean he flew into me, I mean he full on THREW himself onto me! Full on dives into my arms from several feet above when he gets startled. He expects me to catch him every time!:roflmao:

I am very grateful he trusts me so much, but I wouldn’t even trust me as much as he does:roflmao:

I gotta know if other people have gone through something similar with their birds

soundsfun

Walking the driveway
Uh huh! YEP! :yes3: Tofu is always underfoot in our house too! We now have to shuffle-walk when we know he’s out and can’t see him because he just loves to get right up close to our feet. He’s been accidentally booted a few times by us in the early days but he still hasn’t learned that feet can be deadly to him! He also loved to play “chicken” by trying to squeeze through doors just as they’re almost closed. We now have sheer curtains hung in front of the doors to stop him.

Sigh... I don’t know if it’s so much that he trusts us too much or that he’s just a naive little daredevil! :laugh::confused:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
My birds don’t & are hand shy. I, too, would like a ‘bacon, bacon pancake’ video though! :laugh:

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney

Freshly made video for you all :roflmao: he says tons of words, but bacon pancake is definitely his favorite. Raijū sings Bacon pancake, too, but his favorite words are “peekaboo!” Or “gimme a kiss!”

We are going to the vet today to see if Raijū still has the avian gastric yeast and to make sure Phoenix didn’t get it. But Raijū has been acting so much better, I have high hopes:fingerscrossed:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Luv that Bacon bacon pancakes!:awww: So cute...

Hope everything goes well at the vet.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I have taught Bailey that he needs to squeak when he is on the floor so I know not to step on him. I guess he trusts me enough to let me put him in weird scenarios to photograph him. Cute bacon, bacon, pancake! I need to get a video of Bailey singing peek a boo

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
When we got the puppy for bf, I didn't want the budgies to be terrified of him.. so I took him in to their room to look at them a couple of times.
Well, 3 times. Visits stopped very quickly because they were never afraid, accepted him immediately, and one time Citrine came out of the cage unexpectedly and tried to land right on his nose.

Being raised with free flight access to most of the house gave them away too much confidence!

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
I have taught Bailey that he needs to squeak when he is on the floor so I know not to step on him. I guess he trusts me enough to let me put him in weird scenarios to photograph him. Cute bacon, bacon, pancake! I need to get a video of Bailey singing peek a boo
I am intrigued by these weird scenarios! Pics please?