• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do your birds have a sense of humor ????

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
My boy Tyrion has the best sense of humor of any bird I have ever had ..Last night he was like a comedian at the mic ..saying all sorts of things then laughing ..he was yelling at one of the dogs to come to his cage and then yelling " Get away from my cage Torrhen" then he would laugh and laugh ... he is learning to whistle back and forth with Rhaenyra ( formally know as Mackenzie) then laughing when he got it right ... He was saying " peekaboo Annette" then he would say a "woop woop here I am" then laugh his head off ..I just cant get over how much he makes me laugh ..I love him so much :wacky:

Attachments

Beebleburb

Strolling the yard
My red belly parrot definitely knows the sound of a joke when she hears it, if I'm watching a YouTube video and there's a joke in it, even if there is no laughter in the video and I don't laugh at all she will sometimes chuckle to herself. I know she doesn't know what they're saying in these jokes but she absolutely knows when something funny has been said to laugh

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Spearmint learned to call my dogs name, and when he comes to the cage looking for who said it, Spearmint will start telling him things like "sit, down" etc. He hears and sees me train my dog, but it's so funny when i hear him ordering Oreo around :laugh:

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
Walter has always had a great sense of humor. Walters favorite trick of late is to "run away". His cage is in two levels but there is no connection so I have to pick him up and move him between the levels. He has limited strength in his feet so he spends a lot of time on the bottom of his cage. When I go to get him to move him between levels he begins running towards the side of the cage since it is difficult for me to get him there. The funny thing is that he really does want to be "caught". He will stop just short and look around to see if I am "chasing" him. Sometimes he wins and sometimes I do. When he wins he usually comes right back down and tries to get my attention so that we can play again. He is so smug when he wins. He also likes to throw his food to the dog and then when the dog comes over, he throws more on top of the dog.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
oh yes!! Mine prank each other, especially love to sneak up on each other and pull tail feathers!

They love to laugh. Will often start laughing before pranks.

Pikachu once stuck a beak in my nostril and I laughed. It has now been a couple if years of her trying to do this and laughing. Obviously I hate this and try to avoid, while also laughing so hard when she is successful. She sticks beak in quick then laughs and laughs. Or after she goes to me ear and laughs quietly.

Pikachu also loves to give kisses. So many kisses. If I ignore cheek kisses she goes to me ear to make kiss noise then climbs back to my face to get real kiss . She complete understanding ears.

Penny waits till house is quiet. Then barks or meows to get my figs all riled up and quietly laughs to herself.. she loves to beep like the microwave anytime I walk by the microwave or stand by it or am using it. It makes me laugh and she lives to make me laugh.

Ta-dah love to surprise pop up. She hides and the pops up. Or she loves to surprise jump.on me when I'm not paying attention. Or surprise sneak fly to me. Then says hello. She doesn't laugh. But she loves that I do. If I really laugh she gets excited bounce around saying hello. If she is hiding , and wants me to come looking so she can pop out, she starts making quiet little sounds.

I too love mine like crazy. Love that they make me laugh love when the ones who can join in and laugh back.

Once I had c a full year of every time I tried to speak they would all start saying burrrrd all drawn out to drown me out. I could not say a single word with them saying burrrrd. We all laughed hard...phone conversations were so funny but difficult.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
One of my greys, Maalik, does. We play games all the time together and he dishes it back in his own special way. Love him to pieces!

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
My macaw Frankie laughs alot when either hubby or I are playing with him.
When he's on his back playing, I will "tickle" his toes and it's non-stop laughing for a good few minutes.
He sounds almost human lol

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Paco likes to play a game with me, well I think he is. We have routine, warm veggies, broccoli, peas, carrots, change seed bowl, I wipe my hands dry, sweet potatoes, change water bowl, finish goodies. Then I get his other snack bowl of Lafeberries and pumpkin seeds, when I put he bowl back I pull my hand back real quick and laugh at him, he acts like he is going to bite me but I say, "ha ha you didn't get me". So not sure if he's playing or not? He never nails me. He is fast as a snake so I think if he really wanted to bite me he would. Who knows?

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My guys are all crazy. I have 4 pairs of greys and it's non-stop chatter. Diamond and Smokey are inside so they ring like a telephone. Christoper, the macaw, will say Hello repeatedly when they do it. When they do it too much or get too loud she tells them to shut up. Dexter and Zoey are very different. Zoey says jump! while jumping up and down, then she reminds me not to swear by swearing at me. Dexter honks like a goose while he's trying to tear my fingers apart, but sometimes he will break out in maniacal laughter. I want to throw holy water on him because I'm pretty sure he's possessed. Baby hides in the nest box and rarely makes a sound. Pax will come out of the nest box and then yell GET OUT! when I go to feed them. Merlin and Miss B are just silly. They will be sitting close together and she will make a fart noise. He either turns his head sideways and looks at her like she's crazy or he yells Hidey Ho!

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I love to hear that Tyrion isnt the only one who has a sense of humor ... These guys are so funny and they know it ..he makes my day every day ..Last night Rhaenyra was singing her lil song I tried to get a video of her but as soon as she sees the phone she says NO and laughs ... during supper is when everyone is making some sort of noise Lagatha calls as she doesnt talk yet and the other two are singing and talking back and forth to each other it gets pretty loud but I love it :wacky:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
That video is awesome :laughing12: