• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do you have an Expandable Habitats cage? I wanna see pictures and hear your opinions please.

addflower

Moving in
Please, show me your Expandable Habitats cage for your "big" bird (I have a CAG). What do you love? What do you wish you could change? Is there anything you hate about it?

We're planning on purchasing in a cage from Expandable Habitats because I hate the cage we got from another well known company that offers a "lifetime warranty on all welds and workmanship as well as a guarantee that the cage will never rust." And when our cage started rusting they said it had to be our fault. ANYWAY, we're going to donate it to a bird rescue because I hate it.

If you're curious, our current cage's exterior dimensions are roughly 65" H x 45.5" W x 29" D and we don't want to take away too much space but it'd be nicer if it didn't quiet so far out into our tiny living room (but we're still debating about that or if it's even possible). I think everyone here likes pictures, so I included a somewhat recent one of her living room ;)

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I have no idea about the cages you are asking about- I have seen them online but that is it so I am of no help there.

Can I ask if your cage is a Featherland cage? It looks like the only type of SS cages I have seen here in Australia.

addflower

Moving in
I have no idea about the cages you are asking about- I have seen them online but that is it so I am of no help there.

Can I ask if your cage is a Featherland cage? It looks like the only type of SS cages I have seen here in Australia.
No, it's not. I live on the west coast of the United States. I'm not familiar with that brand. I do remember reading about someone on your side of the globe that did order a custom cage from Expandable Habitats. It's a buy it for life sort of thing, but I'm sure shipping was expensive!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
No, it's not. I live on the west coast of the United States. I'm not familiar with that brand. I do remember reading about someone on your side of the globe that did order a custom cage from Expandable Habitats. It's a buy it for life sort of thing, but I'm sure shipping was expensive!
I actually think the Featherland cages are possibly A&E cages that have been imported and their brand name changed but I am not sure. A SS cage similar to yours for a Macaw is nearly 5K here. It would probably be a better option I would think to get one custom made. We don't have a lot of decent cages here, they are all knock offs of better brands available in the US.

What brand are your cages @Macawnutz ?

Reactions: Ali

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Oh looks like an AE cage.

I don't have SS cages. Mine are so big they never touch the wire cage to chew paint. :D
They do have SS versions of my cages but I would not know the quality. You can call and talk to the owner, Ron.
He will give you the information about his SS cages. Centurion Cage & Aviaries | Cages

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You missed the part about my tiny living room. :pinklol2:
They do have other cage sizes. ;)
I just can not comment on the quality of the stainless steel ones. He would answer your questions though. If you called you would talk directly to the owner.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
A lot of the members I know off the top of my head with EH cages aren't very active anymore - if at all.

PhoenixGW

Moving in
Real Name
Courtney
Hi there. Unfortunately I have never used one of the expandable habitats cages myself, but I know people who have, and they haven't had complaints about them. I wish I could give you more but unfortunately that's all I've got. They do, at the very least, look quite sturdy. I don't think I would put a macaw in one personally, but for a medium - lower end large bird, I think it could work really nicely!

Last edited by a moderator:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh looks like an AE cage.

I don't have SS cages. Mine are so big they never touch the wire cage to chew paint. :D
They do have SS versions of my cages but I would not know the quality. You can call and talk to the owner, Ron.
He will give you the information about his SS cages. Centurion Cage & Aviaries | Cages
It looks like an Animal Environments cage. Is that what you mean by AE or are you referring to A&E?

I actually think the Featherland cages are possibly A&E cages that have been imported and their brand name changed but I am not sure. A SS cage similar to yours for a Macaw is nearly 5K here. It would probably be a better option I would think to get one custom made. We don't have a lot of decent cages here, they are all knock offs of better brands available in the US.

What brand are your cages @Macawnutz ?
Featherland is part of Caitec. I don't believe that have anything to do with A&E.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It looks like an Animal Environments cage. Is that what you mean by AE or are you referring to A&E?

Featherland is part of Caitec. I don't believe that have anything to do with A&E.
Yes AE not A&E. ;)

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have one and love it! I have the 4830 small cage or my grey. He really isn’t very active in his cage and I wanted a shorter one since sometimes he falls. You can do a search and find a lot of different pics on the forum.
F0261349-D90A-4062-BA35-FA2D998DBAD4.jpeg