• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do you all cover your birds at night??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Now that my birds have their own room, no. I just turn off the lights and they have room darkening blinds in there :)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I do not cover my birds and they have a night light it is a persona; choice

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I cover my budgies and Gwen. The others weren't covered in their previous home so I just they'd be more comfortable with what they had before they came to me. I do have a night light too.

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
Yes I cover Isis cage. She prefers that and If I dont do it in time I get yelled at!!:(

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
The ones in the bird room do not get covered. any in Quarantine get covered any in my room do and the 2 in the living room do as well

I don't have sheets big enough or enough extra ones to cover the cages in the birds room LOL

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
Kai and I share a room and I stay up later than he does, thus he gets covered and I hear about it if I'm late. lol

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
My birds live in the livingroom and they have 1 end covered, so if they want to sleep while we are still up, they can.
I was always told not to cover tiels since they are so prone to night frights. I lost 2 budgies due to night frights during a severe thunderstorm and they were covered. I haven't covered a bird since.

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
I don't cover Tiki unless I feel we are going to be up too late (his cage is in the livingroom)
or I need him to be quiet in the morning.

Like lately I've been sick and coughing in the morning he hears me cough and wakes up to start screaming!
He only screams in the morning and it's a flock call.
I sleep in anywhere from 7-8AM and if I cough after 7AM thats when he will scream. But if I cover him he doesn't know what time it is and doesn't scream lol.

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I used to but Blazey started to have frequent night frights so I stopped. He has been a lot better lately :dancing:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I currently don't cover any of mine. My tiels, GCC, budgies, bourke and linnie are all in my office and the lights are pretty much off when it's dark, but I will come in and sometimes be on the computer. There has never seemed to be a reason to cover them. But, I am thinking of covering my new rescue spectacled amazon, so that hopefully he will be quiet for the night.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'd like to not have to cover them, but it's too cold and they'll scream. Most of them have come from places where their previous owner covered them anyway.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
My fids have their own bird room, but I do cover my conures cage, and 1 pair of the tiels, (they have night frights and covering them up seems to help). The conures fuss and wake up way before the sun if they are not covered, they get mad if I don't cover them before a certain time, LOL!

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I dont cover Danny - he's stays up late anyway and settles down for sleep within 5min of being returned to his cage. He's very respectful in the morning and doesnt make a peep until I get up, regardless of the time.

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
I don't cover any of mine ... they either go to sleep and wake up with the sun or whenever I turn the lights on and off. However, they are not as polite as Danny ... the conures start calling if I have not been into the bird room by 7:00 :D The lorikeets follow about 30 minutes later :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I cover all of mine, always have.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran