• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do Wild Turkey strut in the summer? <pics>

Status
Not open for further replies.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:huh: I thought they only did this as a part of their mating ritual in the spring? There were about 10 Turkeys in the yard and a hen walked by and 2 of them started strutting complete with red neck and waddle

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That is so cool!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
what can you say :lol: she was a beautiful girl and they couldn't help themselves!

at least you got pics of them - we have seen turkeys when we have been in the woods lately - as they were flying away too quickly for me to grab the camera :huh:

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Wild turkey are beautiful birds!

Matt

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
My Dad used to say the day he doesn't notice a pretty girl would be the day to bury him.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
They are beautiful birds especially in full strut! We have quite a few that hang out around here. Mom and her babies keep coming out to sun themselves but I never grab my camera fast enough when I see them :rolleyes:

RedSoxFan85

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kynyetta or Keke!
i love the pic!! im surprised they let you even get close enough to take a pic, the turkeys in Ma are a bit territorial and will charge, i got one from across the street on max zoom lol.

QP4CAG

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
Where I work, wild life is allllllllll over the place...well, turkeys are the main ones...there are SOOOOOOOO many of them i swear they've developed their very own cult!!:eek: Anyways, I was patroling and this turkey would waddle over the truck and perch there:eek: so i started feeding it....next thing i know, this thing is STALKING me!!!! Everytime it saw the truck, here it came!!!!:lol:It was the cutiest dang thing ever!!! its been 3 yrs now and we've welcomed it as our facility pet:heart:

But back to the strudding part, i see them do it all year round to be perfectly honst. I laugh everytime i see it:hehe:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
These were taken out the window of my living room with a good zoom lens. I cant get near them or they all run back into the woods. Never had one charge me before they just head back into the woods as soon as they see me. Mom and all her babies were out in the front yard this morning while I was sitting on the front porch but no chance to get pics. I knew if I got up to go get my camera she would scoot them all into the woods :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Maybe it's the equivalent of the construction guys in the city who wolf whistle at girls that go by? :D :o:

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Great shots! :D I think turkeys are beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.