• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do these carriers look okay?

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
No experience with soft cases like that. They might be sturdy enough for budgies.

1st is a backpac with a pretty crimson bellied

2nd one is false advertising as no way a macaw is going to be kept in that one but might be ok for 2 budgies.

3rd like the tray

Still I'd be afraid most birds could chew there way out.

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
No experience with soft cases like that. They might be sturdy enough for budgies.

1st is a backpac with a pretty crimson bellied

2nd one is false advertising as no way a macaw is going to be kept in that one but might be ok for 2 budgies.

3rd like the tray

Still I'd be afraid most birds could chew there way out.
I ended up ordering the second one. I like that it has "windows" that I can cover if necessary, and I can also buckle it to the car seat. I know the macaws are ridiculous, but I just need it for budgies, not macaws lol.

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
When I was looking for the perfect carrier, one of the things I observed was that even if the ad said it was suitable for budgies, the ventilation holes were in the ~1" range, which is risky.

I ended up not getting a carrier with those holes, but if it turns out that the one you got has the large holes I would probably experiment with something like a bird-friendly plastic grommet to reduce the diameter.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've got to admit that the photoshopped birds don't inspire confidence. I hope the carrier that you get does meet your needs.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Did not notice 1 inch grommet holes. That would be a problem.
A budgie could get its head stuck. This could cause an accident or injury.

looks like it has a cloth cover that snaps in front so at least that would not be a problem when it is down.

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I was looking for the perfect carrier, one of the things I observed was that even if the ad said it was suitable for budgies, the ventilation holes were in the ~1" range, which is risky.

I ended up not getting a carrier with those holes, but if it turns out that the one you got has the large holes I would probably experiment with something like a bird-friendly plastic grommet to reduce the diameter.
Yes, I'll have to see how big they are when I get the carrier. I might need to find some way to close those holes when the cover is up.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
If you are just transporting them to the vet and back or quick trips ... the smaller dog/cat carriers do well like what some grocery stores carry or some pet supply places carry. Then you just mount a perch that you cut to fit inside by drilling a small hole in the ends of the perch and on the sides of carrier and on the outside of carrier use a washer and screw into the end of the perch. It's not rocket science!!