• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do Inactive New Members Get Deleted?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
If someone signs up, but never posts, do their accounts get deleted? If so, what are the parameters?

If they don't post? If they don't sign in in X-number of days? If they don't personalize their profiles?

What about folks who used to be active but aren't anymore? Their names don't pull up when you do a member search.

Is it okay for a Concierge to ask questions here? :ashamed3:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Accounts don't just get deleted for non activity. Sometimes the spam filter catches new accounts and puts them into a holding phase if their IP matches someone else who posted naughty things.

After a certain period (that I can't remember) of inactivity, the software does suppress certain things like their @ tag not working, and some search results. I imagine that is a way of speeding up the associated actions.

Always okay to ask ;)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
My mom made an account, but I can't find her profile anywhere. I know I've posted on it & I thought I was following her, but she's not there. I'm stumped. :bored:

Her user name is (was?) GayleJoon. I tried with and without a space. Now it's making her re-join.

ConureGuy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paul
Glad my account never got deleted, I've missed this place so many years passed while I traveled without been able to talk to some of the people I made friends with.