• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do I need to do anything new or special?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have a fish pond which I do not look after overly well but the fish are really thriving and growing fast, the last few months I have been trying to work out what they have started doing at night as they have been making splashing sounds so much louder than ever before, sometimes they break the surface of the water at night catching mozzies or other little bugs and when the moon is bright I love to watch them. When I hear the loud splashing I usually go check that they are ok and that nothing has fallen in the pond (like a rabbit or mouse etc) and I usually find all is just fine. I finally worked out what the really loud splashing noise is a few nights ago when someone decided to sing for the first time since apparently moving into the pond a few months back.... we have a frog!

Do I need to do anything special to ensure he is ok? I am kinda guessing that as he chose the environment it must be alright for him but I just wanted to make sure.

If I can manage to get pics of him I will share them, so far I have had no luck with my frog shooting skills.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
He'll probably be just fine the way he is! Frogs are resilient little buddies! How exciting to have a froggy friend! :joyful:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
He'll probably be just fine the way he is! Frogs are resilient little buddies! How exciting to have a froggy friend! :joyful:
I was honestly so excited to hear him that I went looking for him in the middle of the night!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Any further updates on the froggy friend? :geek:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
No updates. He has been calling for a friend but no friend has responded or shown up. If I knew what he was I’d be tempted to buy him a friend lol. I still haven’t been able to get a pic of him either.
So far the frog and the fish seem to be happy enough as they are so I’ve put off doing the big good clean out of the pond and repotting of the plants for the time being. I don’t want to disturb the frog too much so he moves on so I’m trying to work out how I can give him extra hiding spots before I disturb anything in the pond.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen