• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

do i have to quarantine my new lorikeet that has been alone for many years?

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
my new girl, Ellie, has been alone pretty much her entire life. she once had a friend long long ago when she was young but she hasn't had contact with any other birds for a good 10+ years. is it necessary to keep her away from my other lorikeet Minky? I feel like she would show signs of illness due to her age, too. 20220602_095422.jpg
stuff on her cage+beak is just food btw haha
20220531_171325.jpg

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
and yes I know her perches aren't the best, I'll be getting her some new ones. this is just what she came with

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I would quarantine any new birds that come into your home to safe guard any cross contamination :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If she's been checked over by a vet and tested for any underlying diseases, probably not. Remember that not all diseases are symptomatic and that they can simply be carriers.

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
I would quarantine any new birds that come into your home to safe guard any cross contamination :)
thank you!
If she's been checked over by a vet and tested for any underlying diseases, probably not. Remember that not all diseases are symptomatic and that they can simply be carriers.
yeah I know birds that recover from stuff like PBFD can still carry it. she has been to the vet recently but I might bring her again just in case. I wouldn't want my dear baby to get sick too