• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do I have the only non-nippy Green Cheek Conure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
i am a first time owner of a gcc, i have 4 parakeets too, i have only had my little guy for 1 week , he is about 2 months old and really going through a very bitie stage or something, does it very often,not sure what to do , cause he loves to get lovens and all ,just likes to bite. my breeder told me they go through this stage after they have been weened, is this normal they do that biting so much, or he just ajusting to his new surroundings as well. his name is rascal, lol and acts like one,lol he likes to take temper tantrums and pout,lol him and the keets get along very well, i am not sure exactly how long you are suppose too allow my gcc out of his cage, i kinda thought that might be why he is so bitey, cause of being out too much, is that possible to so i have started to keep him in more and only get him out for short periods of time, please let me know any info on these matters
One thing I will recommend is post in your own thread so that more people see it. Nipping in the beginning is very normal, as they are testing out their boundaries. I would think keeping them confined longer would make them MORE nippy. My GCC is out a minimum of 5 hours a day. I do not believe in using the cage as a place of punishment... it should be their haven. When Koopa has bit, I tell her firmly "no", give her a dirty look, set her down, whether that be on the floor, couch, etc, and turn my back. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.