• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do I get a second conure ???

Leah lou

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Emma Sercombe
Hello, I’m have a 10 month old black capped conure, she’s very spoilt, I am getting a pineapple conure on Saturday he is 8 weeks old and still having 2 feeds a day, I was all set on getting this baby but I’m having doubts I don’t want to spoil my bond with my bcc I’m just questioning am I doing the right thing.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It could change your relationship, but I think birds having a buddy is awesome for their well being in the long run :) But only you can make the final decision. Do you already have another cage set up for the new bird?

Leah lou

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Emma Sercombe
It could change your relationship, but I think birds having a buddy is awesome for their well being in the long run :) But only you can make the final decision. Do you already have another cage set up for the new bird?
Yes I have another cage already

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I did similar remi was. 8months old and pip 12weeks old when I got him
It was hard at first remi was super jealous but they accidentally meet (remi got under my arm while putting veggies in cage )and fought straight away
Took a while of slow introductions
But they are best of friends now and it’s so lovely to watch them preen play pip can give remi a few things I can’t
It’s not changed my bond with remi only thing I’ve noticed is he doesn’t listen as much like recall but pip comes straight away remi normally follows
Remi will tho come back to me more than pip to check in snuggle into my neck
There was a little bit at beginning of their friendship where remi was a little obsessed with pip asking to be preened or preening pip

if you want another I say go for it just keep going that you do now and you will just bond with both