• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do any of your birds like beans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggysbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Stephanie
I have tried several of those heat and eat birdie meals and even tried making several recipes from scratch (including the seven layer mix). My birds love them up to a point. Out of all the birds in the rescue and my own birds only about five of them will eat any beans. They pick the beans out flick them on the floor and go back to eating everything else in sight. I have tried the ones in the seed mixes, the 15 bean mix, canned beans rinsed well, and about any other kind I can find and they still leave the beans and eat everything else.

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
my ekkie will eat any-and everything. She loves beans or any cooked food item. my too will eat a little of it and my new zon doesn't know yet.lol

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
Well our female ekkie is one of the few that will actually eat them and my grey Lewy will eat anything I give him. But most of them just shove them out to the floor!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My grey likes Fava beans and I also prepare, cook and mash different types of beans in her weekly mash.

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
All 3 of my Zons ~ aka Stomach's With Wings :hehe: would be beak deep in any bean offering!! However, all 3 will throw a Nutriberrie to the floor faster than speeding bullet :(. Not to mention no one will even touch the daily offerings of Zupreem Avian Maint blended in the safflower mix! I am however having a little luck with the Rowdybush pellets :)

Phoenix

Walking the driveway
All of mine do: Rosie (CGCC) Bobbie (Jenday), Ayesha (Ekkie), Shrek (Caique), Jasmine (RB2).:dancing:

I started out with the Bean Crusine mixtures for birds, and as I learn which beans were good for spouting and which were not..started buying and cooking a 16 bean mix, brown rice and assorted veggie combination. :)

Last edited:

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
Well we keep trying LOL! Even though most don't eat the beans I still leave them in any of the mixtures in the hopes that someone will eat at least a few of them:D

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
all mine love beans, Kaycee is a fan of green beans but when it comes to birdie bread my birds eat it all and half the time i swear they lick the bowl clean there isn't even crumbs to be found.

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
That is one place ours will eat the beans or at least eat part of them. In birdie bread. I usually don't see a scrap of any veggies or beans after they get birdie bread. So I guess they will eat beans at times LOL!

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
sometimes they do sometimes they dont. depends on teh day - however apparently the birds at Mollywood avian sactuary prefer the beans to my amazing birdie bread. With that said mine will go for veggies before pellets mostly, beans before most veggies, grains before beans, and bread before all else (very rough timeline as they are all different but thats fairly close)

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
mine love beans but there comes a point where they get tired of it and either ignore them or fling them with anger to the floor, or my face (tequila) :hehe:

Birdzee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Maddie
My Newbie would live on beans if I let him...
Not crazy about chick peas though..
Maybe they have to acquire a taste for them...:rofl::rofl:

Ashley

Real Name
Ashley
Mine wont touch beans...they love sweet potatoes and birdie bread..and some fruits

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
all of my birds LOVE beans especially green beens when we have them for dinner!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Some of my guys like limas and green beans but that is about it.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Mine won't touch beans!!!
NO ONE!!!!
So I cook them up/puree them and put them into the birdy breads...they eat them that way!:dancing::dancing::hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.