• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Diy window perch?

Mia V

Meeting neighbors
Hey, my Quaker loves looking out windows, so thought I'd get him a window perch. The only one online is the link. It looks like this il_794xN.2540312450_3bop.jpg
It's for $80 with the tray and no cups, but I was wondering if it'd be cheaper to make it? That's furniture grade pvc pipe btw. If so, how would one go about this? I can get a general idea by looking at it, but I've never really done something like this. I have a family member that might be able to help me. How would the suction cup and bowel attach? Anyone have tips or ideas for this?

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The maker of that window perch is one of our vendors, the item will be well worth the price :)

@Matto

I’d say you can make your own but I am pretty sure it wouldn’t be as well constructed or save you much money as you might think.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Honestly, I would save up and get a window unit from our vendors. Both BeMoreBirds and Wingdow make exceptional products that are meant to last.

DIY.png