• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video DIY Window perch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I did buy a lot of plexiglass when fixing their roofs because I still have a lot left. :D
I really wanted two window perches, and the first one is ready.
Not good looking, and no plate for collecting poop. (to keep the weigh as low as possible)
Couldn't find big powerful suctions cup, but my food store sold bathroom hook set last week that I slaughtered. :p (the blue "leftover" flower is hard and safe plastic and will be pieces of a bigger toy later, so a big "Win Win". :) )
All three will hold 3 kg, (3000 gr) so no risk that the perch will fall down.

I did place a little food bowl with sunflower kernels on the perch but that was a little mistake... Made for :maxipi:, not :maxipi::maxipi:...
As usual, it was really fun to do it. :) Tomorrow their new flat perches are ready, and I can't wait to see their reactions because this is their first flat perches ever.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
You did an amazing job with that, and those beautiful girls look like they're enjoying it very much:tup:
Thank you! ♥ Yes they do enjoy that perch. It's a great feeling when you do something they really like. :)
Let us know if they can release the suction cups with those pointy beaks.
It's more if they want then if they can. :D They are parrots.
My girls wont try to release them, and IF I'm right next to them and will make a solution for that. They are only allowed to be on the window perch when I'm with them as they can get really frighting if they see a hawk or other predator bird.
Might be better if the plexi was a bit wider to keep them from the suction cup edges.
For Tinker: Yes! :D
Nice DIY.
Thank you! ♥

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Awesome!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:shocking:Very nice job!! :dance4: I love it & more importantly, the girls love it! :giveme5:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I run out of Plexiglass so I did buy a new big piece.
The first thing I did was to make a twin window perch because they love our daily "spy at neighbors and getting belly kisses".
I'm not sure about the last thing, it can be me that loves it instead.. :smuggrin::rolleyes:

WP2.jpg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I run out of Plexiglass so I did buy a new big piece.
The first thing I did was to make a twin window perch because they love our daily "spy at neighbors and getting belly kisses".
I'm not sure about the last thing, it can be me that loves it instead.. :smuggrin::rolleyes:

View attachment 317726

Fabulous double perch! I love it!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful work!

Status
Not open for further replies.