• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures DIY plushie perch idea

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Inspired by the dragon perch, i have made a new perch today. I thought I'd share the idea in case it can help anyone else. Could be good for little birds with sore feet, missing feet/legs, missing toes etc

Need,
-plastic perch (those cheap rubbish ones that come free with small cages)
-new hair tie
-plush toy, long, flat

IMG_20190531_203800.jpg IMG_20190531_203826.jpg

I'm sure the pictures are pretty self explanatory :)
IMG_20190531_204353.jpg
The perch is right down along the platform so the toy can't twist around under. It's tied on pretty tight too, once around the neck and again around the perch to keep it in place.
The toy is from the baby section so should be pretty safe, I did slice off the tags anyway.

She approves:
IMG_20190531_211911.jpg

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Very nice Zara!!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:laugh: Love it!

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Very nice but PLEASE keep an eye on the beak. What's inside those toys nowadays? I've read that the stuffing isn't safe if made overseas.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very nice but PLEASE keep an eye on the beak. What's inside those toys nowadays? I've read that the stuffing isn't safe if made overseas.

Yes, like all toys it needs monitoring. Del has had the dragon for a few months now and she doesn´t pick at the plush toys or try eating or nibbling them, she just likes to sit on them.
It´s why this wouldn´t be safe for a bigger bird, the bird would most ikely destroy the toy and also it probably wouldn´t hold the birds weight.
I don´t think any toy stuffing is safe regardless of where it is made.

James Hilton

Checking out the neighborhood
Yes, like all toys it needs monitoring. Del has had the dragon for a few months now and she doesn´t pick at the plush toys or try eating or nibbling them, she just likes to sit on them.
It´s why this wouldn´t be safe for a bigger bird, the bird would most ikely destroy the toy and also it probably wouldn´t hold the birds weight.
I don´t think any toy stuffing is safe regardless of where it is made.
You are right. The stuffed toys would not be safe for bigger birds unless the toy is much bigger too. I have seen birds destroy things like this. One may buy a large plush for larger birds.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cute Idea Zara!