• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

DIY NutriBerries

Jean20057

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
So I went and bought several things at an organics store in my area to make our budgie some healthier NutriBerries. I just wanted to make sure it's all good. So this is all of what I bought today, all organic:

Rye berries
Hulled millet
Oat groats
Hulled barley
Golden flax seed
No sugar and no sulphur dried papaya

I'll also be including a tiny amount of unsweetened shredded coconut, her normal pellets, and some various birb safe herbs in different batches. I've got chamomile and lavender in a designated tea garden for myself and Lily. I also have a lemon balm plant, which I've seen is also safe for her, but I'm making sure?

Anyway, I just wanted to get some opinions from some fellow birb people about my plans. You know, before I waste ingredients and time and get her hopes up. I'll send up with Lily giving my birdie eyes, which I think we can all agree is worse than puppy eyes, lol. Thanks in advance everyone!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m not sure about the lemon balm.

Maybe this video will help with the nutriberries?

Hope they turn out nice :)

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Let me know if yours turn out!! I tried once, and got a crumbly mess. They still ate it, but wasn’t what I was hoping for! I think nutriberries must be high impact squished or something.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Jean20057 how did these turn out? I don’t see anything in your list that holds them together?

Jean20057

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
I haven't tried them just yet. We didn't want to use the papaya because we couldn't figure out the COO code(Country Of Origin code). When you cut/blend up the dried fruit, it's supposed to get sticky enough to hold things together.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I haven't tried them just yet. We didn't want to use the papaya because we couldn't figure out the COO code(Country Of Origin code). When you cut/blend up the dried fruit, it's supposed to get sticky enough to hold things together.
Ohh I see.. Well I haven’t had time to play in the kitchen but I’ll try to get to it soon!