• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures DIY Leather Bird Toys (Before & After Pics)

Nadia Bingo

Strolling the yard
My Conure, Baby, loves to chew on leather (I don't think I can stress the 'love' enough).

I thought everyone might enjoy seeing the before and after pics for some of the recent toys I made him!

They are pretty simple but I have step-by-step instructions for making the toys on my blog, if you are new to making bird toys.

Spinning Star

One week later...

Lucky Clover

One week later...

I think Baby enjoyed the toys :laugh:

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Wow! What a happy bird! Haha. What seems awesome about these toys is that they seem to be able to take a beating. It looks like Baby was playing with these A LOT, but, at the same time, they still resemble a bird toy! (Unlike wood toys or the like, which get reduced to tooth picks! Haha.)

Nadia Bingo

Strolling the yard
Baby is a funny little guy - he will shred mahogany pods, balsa wood and thin pine pieces but his true love is leather. I often just add a new piece and recycle the older leather toys.

He spends all day chewing it, talking to it and snuggling with it.

And when someone new walks up to his cage he viciously attacks his leather toy to show how tough he is. It is quite comical.

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Oh. my. gosh. That is absolutely adorable!!!! :xflove:

I'd love to meet your conure... just so I can watch him showing off how tough he is! :hehe:

My cockatiels are the opposite when they see new people. They love to serenade guests and give them heart wings and often seem to compete and try to out do each other! Haha.

Nadia Bingo

Strolling the yard
My cockatiels are the opposite when they see new people. They love to serenade guests and give them heart wings and often seem to compete and try to out do each other! Haha.
That sounds adorable!

Baby does love attention so after attacking the toy he often swings around his cage like a clown so people will watch him. He can never have enough attention :p