• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Divorce! Well... separation...

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
My he is part chihuahua or something.
HAHAHAHA YES! I will forever call that sound a "bark". That is the best description I have come up with :)

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Awwwww poor Emma :sad10:

She is talking more than I have ever heard her talk before. As it gets closer and closer to bed time she is realizing the coconut is not coming back (I used to briefly move it for cleaning). She keeps desperately flying to that corner and searching frantically for her nest. This is tearing my heart out!...

IMG_20171109_192359.jpg
IMG_20171109_192402.jpg

Last edited:

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
They seem to be doing more and more better with time. They were perched together this morning sleeping. They moved perches during the night from the rope perch to one of the smaller diameter branch perches, but they moved together :) Have not heard Charlie being aggressive anymore. I even got to trim their toenails the other day. It was getting to the point where I probably should not wait any longer. I decided to suck it up, be the bad guy, and get the job done. It actually went surprisingly smooth. Of course they both were not too happy with me at first, but eventually each one settled down in my hand and let me clip their nails. Afterwards (and this is of course what I was most nervous about), they immediately went back to being normal happy finches. They didn't hate me. Charlie even came to my hand a few minutes later. Will keep updating as time progresses.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Your watercolor finch is beautiful. Might need to commission a C&E watercolor from you sometime :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Are these bird handtame? How odd that society finches would fight. I had a bunch growing up and they never fought. They would try to mount eafhothers mates and cram all into one communal nest even when they had a nest of babies (fledglings, not tiny naked babies). Then when their babies left the nest they too would cram into one neat. Crazy little societies. Love them!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Thank you!

....and sure, any time.

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Yup @Bokkapooh my finches are weird... They're just having a little lovers quarrel. Charlie wants some action and Emma is saying no means no! Charlie as a result gets a little frustrated around this time and takes it out on Emma (we think). Things are getting better though. As for hand tame... partially. We're still working on that. They will perch on my hands, head, shoulders, etc. but getting one to snuggle up in my hand or accept scritches is still a long way off. Maybe one day. Just watch some of my YouTube videos and see for yourself: AtomiFlock - YouTube