• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How did my budgie die all of sudden.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thankyou everybody and thankyou avianaenue.. everybody gave me good information. May I know how to delete a tread? Or a picture? I want to delete his photo or this thread.. I don't want to disturb others by this.
No need to worry :)
There is a warning in the title so those who feel they’ll be disturbed by the content here know not to open this thread.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
Make sure to post us old pics of him enjoying birb life... A lil photo memorial.. bright side, don't think little one suffered....
Sure.. I will post. Thankyou..

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
There is no plastic toys inside cage except this.. should I remove it? I have removed it once for couple of days, I saw my yellow bird abit upset, so I replaced it back.. she plays with it.

Attachments

hertzchasi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Parrotdad
There is no plastic toys inside cage except this.. should I remove it? I have removed it once for couple of days, I saw my yellow bird abit upset, so I replaced it back.. she plays with it.
Does your other baby have a friend or is it alone now? Keep an eye on there mood, if there alone you may want to get another buddy in there, and I would stick with same color birb to help with bonding together. If you want to be on the super safe side, get rid of the chains and hang everything with sea grass/rope, etc. I had seen a bird get foot stuck in a chain. Had a heart attack do to the panic, she couldn't free herself. Cuttle bone, do they chip off the hard back side of it? May want to supply calcium and beak scrapper another way. The smaller the bird the more I worry about the smaller things being an issue. If they like the birb tube you removed, replace it with a woven sea grass one or some similar material. Would only take a small piece of that white PVC tube ingested to be trouble... You're other fids a cutie too!

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
Does your other baby have a friend or is it alone now? Keep an eye on there mood, if there alone you may want to get another buddy in there, and I would stick with same color birb to help with bonding together. If you want to be on the super safe side, get rid of the chains and hang everything with sea grass/rope, etc. I had seen a bird get foot stuck in a chain. Had a heart attack do to the panic, she couldn't free herself. Cuttle bone, do they chip off the hard back side of it? May want to supply calcium and beak scrapper another way. The smaller the bird the more I worry about the smaller things being an issue. If they like the birb tube you removed, replace it with a woven sea grass one or some similar material. Would only take a small piece of that white PVC tube ingested to be trouble... You're other fids a cutie too!
Thanks for the reply.. yes I have other birds too, she's fine now, eating good. Sure I will replace the plastic with sea grass, I will remove chain too.. how much amount sprouts should be given? I'm feeding them sprouts weekly twice or trice, is that ok? Few people are said to me that shouldn't feed green leaves and vegetables everyday. It is true? I'm giving green leaves and vegetables everyday, 25-30 percent of their daily meal., rest they eat seed mix and millet spay.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
My late budgie Skyler(in my pic) was suddenly sick for about a week. As I debated whether to get him to the vet he died. I had a necropsy done. What he died of was cancer ---the vet said that early cancers in budgies was very common --it's genetic since the birds in this country are inbred.
You have my heartfelt sympathies --I still miss my sweet rebel.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you lost the sweet little guy.
I hope you can discover why he died, but as others have said, there could be many reasons.

And welcome here - there are such knowledgeable people here! :sorrow: