• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How did my budgie die all of sudden.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
I don't know why? What was happen.. don't know anything.. I saw my bird laying down death.. he was quite healthy, we plays all the day, I saw him playing just an hour ago. He's kind of hyperactive, I never ever imagined this could happen to him.. he's my previous one, still I can't believe that he's passed away from me .

I didn't feed him anything than routine, I feed him foxtail millet spray in the morning, it is home grown millet, apart of that he may had seed mix.. he was totally fine, no health issues.. I don't think he passed away from health issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
We cannot tell you why your budgie died - although we all are very sorry. You will need to take him to a vet for a necropsy to see if the cause can be determined. We are not vets.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
I don't mean that you're vet brother.. I'm just asking people the information. If anybody face the same problem, they would suggest me right? So I can takecare of other birds. I can't find bird vets near my place. Thanks for the reply..

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Your budgie could have died for any reason. Hidden disease, health problems and genetic problems - take your pick.
I'm so sorry you're going through this, but the only way to get you a satisfactory answer is an avian vet doing a necropsy.
Fly free feathered friend

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
Your budgie could have died for any reason. Hidden disease, health problems and genetic problems - take your pick.
I'm so sorry you're going through this, but the only way to get you a satisfactory answer is an avian vet doing a necropsy.
Fly free feathered friend
Thankyou . I will do necropsy for sure..

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wish we could give you an answer, but we just can’t—because there is no way to know without a necropsy. My little green and yellow budgie died suddenly a couple of months ago. So I understand how shocked and sad you must feel! I am sorry for your loss!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I’m so sorry for your loss.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
If you find an avian vet nearby to do the narcropsy, place your bird in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. The freezer will crystallize the tissue. I’m so sorry for your loss.
Thankyou

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry for your loss. As others said, without a necropsy, we can't say. It could be something genetic- like a stroke, etc. Those can happen quickly. You didn't say how old he was- some budgies don't have long life spans due to poor breeding, etc. If you have other birds and they're fine, I'm assuming it's not something environmental, but you always want to be careful with things like that- no telfon, candles, incense, etc.

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
I am so very sorry for your loss. As has been said, why does anything die? It could have been completely out of your hands. A genetic mutation, a sporatic event, a feak incident...these things happen in humans too. Please do not blame yourself. Unfortunately it happens in all walks of life.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Everyone has mentioned factors that could have led to his death, but his poor diet could also have led to it. A all seed diet especially one primarily of millet is not healthy at all and can lead to many health complications, you should always offer lots of fresh veggies and a good quality bird pellet like Harrison’s

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
I'm very sorry for your loss. As others said, without a necropsy, we can't say. It could be something genetic- like a stroke, etc. Those can happen quickly. You didn't say how old he was- some budgies don't have long life spans due to poor breeding, etc. If you have other birds and they're fine, I'm assuming it's not something environmental, but you always want to be careful with things like that- no telfon, candles, incense, etc.
Thanks for the reply.. he's 6-7 months old, other birds are fine, he's hyperactive among all of my birds. Ya I don't place any toxics things in the bird room . Continues raining for us from 6-7days. Could cold be the reason for it? I will try to necropsy today.. I want to know the reason. Thankyou all for your valuable replies

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
Everyone has mentioned factors that could have led to his death, but his poor diet could also have led to it. A all seed diet especially one primarily of millet is not healthy at all and can lead to many health complications, you should always offer lots of fresh veggies and a good quality bird pellet like Harrison’s
Ya I do everyday, they eat vegetables, sprouts, green leaves I feed them everyday. they eat vegetables 25-30percent of everyday meal. I'm doing take caring of foods everyday. Is Over eating sprouts are danger?

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
I am so very sorry for your loss. As has been said, why does anything die? It could have been completely out of your hands. A genetic mutation, a sporatic event, a feak incident...these things happen in humans too. Please do not blame yourself. Unfortunately it happens in all walks of life.
Thanks alot.. thanks for precious reply.

Dorcas George

I'm so sorry. I had the same thing happen. Little "ordinary" green/yellow budgie, no evident problems suddenly dropped to the cage floor. It is shocking. I didn't get a necropsy done because I was sick with Covid at the time, plus other issues made doing so pretty impossible. I would like to have known what happened. I hope you can do that.
:sorrow:

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
I'm so sorry. I had the same thing happen. Little "ordinary" green/yellow budgie, no evident problems suddenly dropped to the cage floor. It is shocking. I didn't get a necropsy done because I was sick with Covid at the time, plus other issues made doing so pretty impossible. I would like to have known what happened. I hope you can do that.
:sorrow:
I have tried my best. There are hundreds of dog and cat veterinarians available at my place but I can't find a bird veterinary for necropsy, I found 3 bird veterinaries but necropsy is not available there. It's really hard to see him lean and lifeless. Missing him every second, don't know how much time it takes to shutout his thoughts.

hertzchasi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Parrotdad
I don't know why? What was happen.. don't know anything.. I saw my bird laying down death.. he was quite healthy, we plays all the day, I saw him playing just an hour ago. He's kind of hyperactive, I never ever imagined this could happen to him.. he's my previous one, still I can't believe that he's passed away from me .

I didn't feed him anything than routine, I feed him foxtail millet spray in the morning, it is home grown millet, apart of that he may had seed mix.. he was totally fine, no health issues.. I don't think he passed away from health issues.
Sorry for your loss... Was a pretty fid.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
Thankyou everybody and thankyou avianaenue.. everybody gave me good information. May I know how to delete a tread? Or a picture? I want to delete his photo or this thread.. I don't want to disturb others by this.