• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dispenser

Shorty

Moving in
I am trying to convert my cockatiel food and water bowl to dispenser because he always would poop in the bowls.he seems to do good with the food but not to sure about the water

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Pooping in bowls can often be caused by a few things and corrected a few different ways depending on the set up you have, without more information or photos of your particular set up it is going to be hard to offer you any ideas or help to sort the issue out.

Jaspersmum

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laura
I put the food bowl high up and in a corner so it's hard to perch on it. Then the water bowl I had the same but somehow still poop. Well I bought a little water dispenser I was going to try. I attached it on top of the water bowl. So they learn it has water but can still get water from the bowl. Well it also makes it an impossible perch. Don't know why birds enjoy using them that way. Seems awkward but I'm no bird. In any event try and see if there is a way to make the water bowl un friendly for perching. Maybe a toy or something blocking part? Thats my plan b