• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Dislocated wing?

Mintforest

Meeting neighbors
My conure had a beak trim on Monday because of his overgrown beak, on Tuesday I realised one of his wing was hanging a little lower and he wasnt very energetic.

I examined him and there’s no external bruising or swelling that I can see. He lets me extend the injured wing and all. Also doesn’t seem to be in pain when I touch the wing. The only thing that feels a little asymmetrical is the bone around the shoulder but then again one wing is up and the other is hanging so I wasnt sure whether it’s the difference in the position.

He’s eating very well and returned to his normal routine after 1 day of lethargy but the wing is still drooping. He can flap the injured wing a little but rarely moves it.

my vet is only in office on Monday, just want to get some opinions whether this is more likely a sprain or a dislocation. I don’t feel any broken bones and there are no bones sticking through.

he’s also very young and has been through a lot (infections from the bird shop, medications for 2 months, overgrown beak etc etc). I’m wary about stressing him again with another vet visit with possible x-rays and more medications.

and it’s already past day 3, what are the odds that if it’s a dislocation the vet can treat it?

46C5DC36-039C-4722-AE50-3FA6D89BB27E.jpeg
92C60E0E-4139-414D-8C50-61BEBF6801E8.jpeg

Mintforest

Meeting neighbors
Sorry, a correction to the post, there’s some swelling around the injured shoulder, but no bruising. The swelling can only be felt on palpation

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is just a way of putting the thread back at the top of the recent list so that more members will see it.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Nothing we can really diagnose. You need to have him seen by a vet.
I'd be a bit concerned it occurred from restraint when he was getting his beak trimmed since it was seen after the vet visit on Monday.

A wing drooping can be serious & they could be in pain. No way of telling whats wrong wo an exam.

Your bird looks uncomfortable.

Hope they will be OK