• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Disinfecting bird rooms?

budgelove

Meeting neighbors
Just a thought that popped into my head.. a couple of my budgies/parakeets are recovering from bacteria infections. To help speed up recovery and to help prevent future issues, I was thinking of moving all of my birds out and away from the bird room (where they spend most of their time in) and spraying the room with bird safe disinfectant once a week then allowing the room to vent out by opening all the windows and turning on a fan. After a day or two/the smell is all gone, then move my birds back in. Does anyone spray-disinfect their bird rooms?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
F10 is the most effective and safest disinfectant on the market for birds. It is non-abrasive and will not harm your birds when they are in contact with it. Use at the recommended dilutions.

budgelove

Meeting neighbors
Which F10 product do you guys buy? I looked around and found a bunch of different F10 products on Reptile Basics F10 Products , although they don't ship to my state right now. @-@

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes F10SC, not F10SCXD

You want "super concentrate" or Ready to Spray, not Super Concentrate with Detergent (that's that the letters at the end mean)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Check this site around May 1st for the 100ml and 200ml bottle of F10SC. 100ml-19.99 and 200ml -29.99. Both good prices for this product and the company is based in the US. I didn't look to see what shipping would be.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Andrea - What a great site that is. So much to browse through - and they a doing artificial insemination!!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Andrea - What a great site that is. So much to browse through - and they a doing artificial insemination!!
I did check first after hunting down my email when I bought my F10 last June through an Ebay seller to see if they still sold it. They didn't have any listed and it was looking like the only place you could purchase F10 was from the United Kingdom. So I did a general search on google but included US sellers and this was the first link I clicked on. The price for the F10 is a great price so that's as far as I went looking at this site. Interesting about the artificial insemination! On Hawks? I'll have to go back and take a peek!