• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Diluted demestos

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
If I was to walk in a kitchen that has been treated with diluted demestos on the floor would I have to worry about if affecting the bird room if I rubbed my shoes on a rug.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm not familiar with that product. Is it bleach? If so, bleach evaporates into non harmful substances.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
I believe it is it contains bleach. I would never use anything like that in the bird room everyone knows in my house that nothing like that is allowed in the bird room. Thanks for the advice even though I think I shouldn't be so paranoid.

Domestos (and Chlorox, essentially a 10–25% solution of sodium hypochlorite) contains 100,000 ppm (10%) of the active component, available chlorine; many other bleaches contain 50,000 or less.

My bird seems fine and I ensured thier was no residue on my shoes before entering his room. Thanks

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Yea, whatever you use on your floors, will be fine once dried. Remember, you only put a blob of domestos in the mop bucket so a lot is water.
It would only be unsafe it your birds are licking the wet floor.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Yes it’s fine once dried and the fumes /smell from it are gone. We have domestos here in Aus.