• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Difficult decisions

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Willie may very well be on his last legs.
He tested positive for two things on Friday (Lyme and something else. Both tick borne)
He is having diarrhea and is unable to control his bowels, he also has difficulty using stairs. He is 11 years old, he doesn't have much life left in him.
We are contemplating euthanasia.

Chilly is very close to being sent to the shelter. No one is willing to help house train him, and I'm not even home on Saturdays, so I can't be the only one working with him.
We have decided to send him to the humane society.

I am supposed to pick up Willies meds tomorrow, I'm going to ask about euthanasia costs and how they go about the procedure.
I will also be making a call to the humane society to see if they have space available.

I don't want to go through with this, but my parents have made up their minds. They want Chilly out of the house, however Willie may end up going with Chilly depending on costs of euthanasia.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am sorry to hear of your situation, it must be stressful and saddening to you. It has been almost a year since I had my old dog euthanised, I believe it is better to allow them a painless early death than it is to let them suffer and die naturally of old age. It is especially hard going through these things when you have no say in the decisions being made. Sending you lots of hugs :hug9:

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I just want to say one thing. Please don't leave your dog if you choose to euthanize him. Be with him as he exits the world. Fill his final moments with love and comfort, not with feelings of terror and abandonment.

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
I just want to say one thing. Please don't leave your dog if you choose to euthanize him. Be with him as he exits the world. Fill his final moments with love and comfort, not with feelings of terror and abandonment.
If we have him euthanized we want it to be done in a familiar place either at home or at least in the back of the car. I will be there and so will my mom, she is his favorite person and he is her favorite dog.