• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Diet question, when is too much too much?

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I usually give Buddy the option of 2 items @ dinner. Very rarely does he eat both. He picks one & goes crazy. Last night it was Beans, Snap peas & Kiwi. He ate a few peas (like literally 3), ate almost all the beans & then just before bed devoured the Kiwi. Kiwi must've been good because he's never eaten more than a small square. He ate the entire 1/8" inch thick slice. That was a 1st! I wish I could make him a freezable chop but I have just haven't had time to make him something he'll actually eat. I haven't had good luck w/ him eating it but... I haven't really made a valiant effort either. It may wk out better than sprouts for you @Snowghost because you buy the materials 1 time, whip it up & then freeze in ice cube trays. Just be sure the ingredients are freeze friendly.

:bighug:

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Well I fear I have created a problem, now he won't eat his "goodies" unless I hand feed him, meaning I put the cauliflower rice and veggies on my fingers and he nibbles them off. (a bird that chomps my arm) Its funny when he tickles my fingers with his tongue. Some days I have an early day at work and I don't have time to do this. How can I encourage him to eat food from his bowl again? Sigh...always keeps me hopping. We have come sooo far in almost a year now!

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Well I fear I have created a problem, now he won't eat his "goodies" unless I hand feed him, meaning I put the cauliflower rice and veggies on my fingers and he nibbles them off. (a bird that chomps my arm) Its funny when he tickles my fingers with his tongue. Some days I have an early day at work and I don't have time to do this. How can I encourage him to eat food from his bowl again? Sigh...always keeps me hopping. We have come sooo far in almost a year now!
Just put his food in his bowls on the days you must leave. He won't starve believe me.
What a great bonding opportunity you now have. Take advantage of it when you can.
Stop fretting so much your doing fine.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
LOL @BertAllen I do worry about my boy don't I? So that is bonding? He does reach for my fingers and gives them a little tug and I'm like, "no bite" and he is gentle. Another milestone we have made is I have gotten him to toss a bright yellow lid off the top of his cage. I have been trying to get him to play with toys. So I have been placing the lid (its plastic) on top of his cage, I scoot it off and when it falls I laugh. So now he has been doing it. This is huge for him. I was beginning to think he would never learn how to play.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
LOL @BertAllen I do worry about my boy don't I? So that is bonding? He does reach for my fingers and gives them a little tug and I'm like, "no bite" and he is gentle. Another milestone we have made is I have gotten him to toss a bright yellow lid off the top of his cage. I have been trying to get him to play with toys. So I have been placing the lid (its plastic) on top of his cage, I scoot it off and when it falls I laugh. So now he has been doing it. This is huge for him. I was beginning to think he would never learn how to play.
This is wonderful news!!!!