• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Diane

Dianeevans

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Donna Evans
I live in Brisbane and had a rainbow lorikeet juvenile crash in to our window 5 years ago. She’s not dependent on me anymore but her flying is suspect and she lacks fine motor skills. She just a free to roam the neighbourhood and usually flies home to her house on dusk. She seems VERY protective of it when she arrives. Biting/attacking me when I get try to put her food in there. Yet very subservient to other birds when they arrive each day to steal her food. She flies and lands on me to be fed most mornings; sleeps behind the breadboard on my bench; allows me to dry her with the hairdryer and often sleeps down my tee shirt when she’s in the mood. But it’s this darned house of hers or her favourite bush where she often hangs when she becomes aggressive. WHY? She seems to hate fingers.
she’s had several short term mates yet I thought they mated for life. DNA says she’s def a girl.
would love some insight.
thanks so much. Donna

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Donna :)

Would you like me to move your thread to Lorikeet Lane ? It may help it to be seen by other Lorikeet owners.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have moved the thread :)
If you need help navigating the site, maybe this will help: How-To Junction

I hope someone can help with your Lorikeet question.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Welcome to Avian Avenue!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I live in Brisbane and had a rainbow lorikeet juvenile crash in to our window 5 years ago. She’s not dependent on me anymore but her flying is suspect and she lacks fine motor skills. She just a free to roam the neighbourhood and usually flies home to her house on dusk. She seems VERY protective of it when she arrives. Biting/attacking me when I get try to put her food in there. Yet very subservient to other birds when they arrive each day to steal her food. She flies and lands on me to be fed most mornings; sleeps behind the breadboard on my bench; allows me to dry her with the hairdryer and often sleeps down my tee shirt when she’s in the mood. But it’s this darned house of hers or her favourite bush where she often hangs when she becomes aggressive. WHY? She seems to hate fingers.
she’s had several short term mates yet I thought they mated for life. DNA says she’s def a girl.
would love some insight.
thanks so much. Donna
Aaaw... she's a beauty!!!