• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Diamond doves

Kaliska

Strolling the yard
DSCN3920.JPG DSCN3921.JPG

I finally found some of these guys. I looked a few years ago and several people said they were thinking of breeding them but never contacted me they had and there was 1 in a petco that they kept saying would get more and never did. I don't remember why I was on craigslist, isn't that how it always goes, and saw an ad for a proven pair. They are less than a year old but have raised 1 chick. I have to get a solid floor setup for my 30" flight cage so they are chilling in a little cage for the night. Are they actually wild/blue diamond doves? My camera tends to bring out more brown than I see in person but that's a lot of brown on that female. I'm not sure how normal the rusty wing feathers on the male is or not and now I realize I should get a pic of his tail feathers all lined up to see if he's white rumped.

Ack photobucket is down, ignore repeated attempts to insert pictures correctly.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are pretty.

Kaliska

Strolling the yard
They sound like someone crossed a quail with an owl. :rofl:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Such cuties.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:congrats5:

Peppo

Sprinting down the street
The male and female ones I have at work look exactly like that pair. They were abandoned so we took them in and have been part of one my programs at work for about 2 years. They make the cutest noises and my clients love them. Congratulations on your pair.

Kaliska

Strolling the yard
*Woohoo* *woohoo* No there are no other females in your new house little male. The female is more concerned about her change in living location but she's copying the male who doesn't care much. He's just trying to figure out his new cage, what lives in his new house, and I think I finally figured out how to let doves move around from level to level. I have to build a new base for the 30" long flight cages before I can move them.

Kaliska

Strolling the yard
I took the wire bottom out of a 30" breeder cage, tied it down to a piece of plywood for stability and then had to block the front gap where the wire floor would have held the tray below it. Maybe it looks a bit rough but it's functional. I'm aware excessive use of rough perches can cause problems and I know the water dish by a perch isn't ideal but they said they needed a step up so until I get some new dishes with perches that fit my doors I clean it frequently and usually only find seed flung from the other dish. The male is cooing and displaying so I gave them the clay pot they apparently used as a nest before and what was left of the nest material (sisal?) that came with them. DSCN3938.JPG DSCN3939.JPG