• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Diamond dove new owner

Dallas222

Checking out the neighborhood
Have 2 diamond doves. New. One layed an egg???? What to do? Bird laid egg in feed bowl. Remove ? Do diamonds lay eggs all the time? Have provided a nest.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

lil neet

Moving in
Real Name
Anita
Have 2 diamond doves. New. One layed an egg???? What to do? Bird laid egg in feed bowl. Remove ? Do diamonds lay eggs all the time? Have provided a nest.
I’ve been reading up on these guys and from what i hear you’re supposed to leave it till they realise its not gonna hatch and abandon it. Otherwise removed early the female will “replace” it and then its bad for her health and she’ll be laying constantly. I think they sit on it for abt 16 days.

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Diamond doves were the first pets that I owned myself as a teen. They are so sweet. Good luck!

lil neet

Moving in
Real Name
Anita
Diamond doves were the first pets that I owned myself as a teen. They are so sweet. Good luck!
what are they like in terms of taming and being interactive with their owners?
I was considering getting a pair (not home enough to keep just one), but worried they will never become tame or very interactive :/
They are just adorable! :p

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
what are they like in terms of taming and being interactive with their owners?
I was considering getting a pair (not home enough to keep just one), but worried they will never become tame or very interactive :/
They are just adorable! :p
I was a teen, always an animal lover. I got a pair when I was 16? Was i prepared as much as i am now? No. But they were happy, especially cus they had each other. They spent a lot of time cooing and snuggling. None of my animals have been frightened, they might be wary which is normal but I was able to move and handle them, pet them when they wanted, and not harm them psychologically. Maybe someone can tell you about making them interactive. But in general they have a soft demeanor so I found mine easy to tame. I feel they have a submissive attitude so fear is their main enemy. Lots of talking to them and desensitizing them with different noises since they are so skittish. They are so sweet, enjoy them. And send pics! Haven’t seen one in a while