• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

diagnosing

animalover

Jogging around the block
we're going today, I asked for a fecal smear for milo

Gokha

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Gaukharay
All three of my birds’ poop doesn’t really smell like anything from a far. Closer it just smells like infant baby poop (yeah I had to check and still check from time to time ever since I read that stinky poop means something is wrong).
How did your visit go? Which clinic did you choose in the end?

animalover

Jogging around the block
we just came back, the news isn't so great, milo had a smear, which showed that he wasn't digesting anything, he wasnt getting any nutrients whatsoever from his food(which I already knew), the doctor was over dramatic about the whole situation, annoyed me a bit, he tried to do a blood draw, couldn't and milo had to get a needle stabbed in his neck three times(which terrified me because the doctor kept saying that he might die), hes obviously exhausted right now, he gave us some probiotics and antibiotics, and something to make him absorb the nutrients, since milo isnt eating anything healthy he suggested giving him juices which milo really likes, im not sure which ones have the most nutrients tho. he also said milo isnt allowed to fly anymore which is understandable, but he flies all the time to get to places, ill help him everyday with that and hope he gets better, if he doesn't he will have to be tube fed and hospitalized, which I have no idea how I would explain this to my dad and how much money I would need to ask from him.

as for tweety he suspects it might be tracheal mites, he put the medication on the back of his neck and said to wait for two days if he got better, he will do the same thing for marge, if he doesn't he will do some tests.

yea basically... sucks a bit

Gokha

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Gaukharay
we just came back, the news isn't so great, milo had a smear, which showed that he wasn't digesting anything, he wasnt getting any nutrients whatsoever from his food(which I already knew), the doctor was over dramatic about the whole situation, annoyed me a bit, he tried to do a blood draw, couldn't and milo had to get a needle stabbed in his neck three times(which terrified me because the doctor kept saying that he might die), hes obviously exhausted right now, he gave us some probiotics and antibiotics, and something to make him absorb the nutrients, since milo isnt eating anything healthy he suggested giving him juices which milo really likes, im not sure which ones have the most nutrients tho. he also said milo isnt allowed to fly anymore which is understandable, but he flies all the time to get to places, ill help him everyday with that and hope he gets better, if he doesn't he will have to be tube fed and hospitalized, which I have no idea how I would explain this to my dad and how much money I would need to ask from him.

as for tweety he suspects it might be tracheal mites, he put the medication on the back of his neck and said to wait for two days if he got better, he will do the same thing for marge, if he doesn't he will do some tests.

yea basically... sucks a bit
Yeah dr.Piotr does overreact sometimes, but I think it’s just because he really does care as if it was his own pet. But it’s there an explanation as to why he’s not absorbing any nutrients? I think both seeds and juice (fresh) should be given in controllable amounts, since too much of both can be bad. Does he like fruits?
maybe you could try giving him raw/green fruits? They contain less sugar as compared to ripe fruits that we, humans, prefer to eat + higher in valuable nutrients.

the tests are the expensive part of all...i understand you. When I did not know what’s going on with Zazu, I ended up doing so many tests just to rule out the worst outcomes and it cost me more than I would ever spend on my own hospital bills :D but I don’t regret it. See if the condition of your birds improve, best of luck!

krupali

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
krupali
Updates on your tiels? Is milo doing alright?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
This member hasn't been online since November of last year, it is unlikely they will see your message.