• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Devastated

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Thanks for the info @Hankmacaw
The vet said there had been studies on birds of prey, chickens and parrots with good results. I didn’t know it was an opiate though. I might ask him about Celebrex.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Fuzzy My kitty is on Celebrex and has been since I got her and we got results for a very high ABV antigen measurement. It is the medication of choice for PDD.

Jasper was on a combination of Celebrex and Gabapentin for the last few years of her life. It was mainly for her pain from atherosclerosis and her horrible arthritis. It did a really good job and I was quite pleased with the combination.

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
@Fuzzy My kitty is on Celebrex and has been since I got her and we got results for a very high ABV antigen measurement. It is the medication of choice for PDD.

Jasper was on a combination of Celebrex and Gabapentin for the last few years of her life. It was mainly for her pain from atherosclerosis and her horrible arthritis. It did a really good job and I was quite pleased with the combination.
Ollie (Orange-wing) was on Celebrex too before he died of PDD/AG. I have a whole lot of capsules left over which are still just in date. I've calculated the dosage for Chico and will start him tomorrow. I just hope this new vet considers Celebrex might be a better idea than Tramadol. Hoping Kitty stays "healthy" with the Celebrex helping.