• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Devastated

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
I am so sorry for you and your son. A similar thing happened when my children were young and it’s hard on kids and you.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Sorry for your loss, it's not easy to go through. But don't blame your self and let your son know it's not his fault either. It's hard on everyone.

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
I lost my sweet, loving baby today. I am traumatized and so is my son. We got Mango back in beginning of August from PetSmart. We saw her and she followed my son around and was the most interactive and playful bird I’ve ever met. All the employees talked about how she was the friendliest conure they have ever had. We took a week to think about it and she was on our mind everyday. I called everyday to see if she was at the store still. We did our research, ordered a beautiful big cage and a travel cage and went and got her. We always make sure to keep our green cheek conure, Mango safe. We have a dog and keep them separated. Every morning I wake up which Mango usually wakes us up around 7. Sometimes she sleeps in. We wake up the dog goes outside and her and I make coffee, have breakfast and make my sons lunch. She get ready with me in the morning and that is our routine. This morning I was sleeping and kind of waking up realizing that she wasn’t chirping. Thought maybe she’s just sleeping in. I got up out of bed because I eventually heard my son up in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and saw my son trying to get the dog leash off the deck to let him out, I did not see the dog though. I did not even know Mango was out. It all happened so fast and I look over and the dog got the bird some how or Mango jumped off the counter because maybe she saw me walk in. My son was screaming I was screaming. I grabbed the dog and put him outside and picked up my little baby and she quickly passed away in my hands. My son said he was just trying to help to feed her breakfast and let the dog out without waking me but I wish he woke me up so badly like he usually does. I would do anything to have our girl back. I just keep looking for through our pictures. She was so cuddly, loved to cuddle with me in the mornings. Loved her baths, and her apples. I’m not blaming anyone but I feel so guilty, I should of woken up even if I woke up 5 minutes earlier I would of been there to prevent this. I would of taken her to the vet if she didn’t pass so quickly and spent any amount to have her here with us. I have such an empty space in my heart. I have never felt this way before. I can’t stop crying and the guilt that I feel. I can’t get the image out of my head. Our house is too quiet without her.
I am so sorry for your loss. I recently lost a bird and a kind woman reminded me that birds succumb to strange and unexplainable accidents and to not continue to blame myself. Its not fair and it just hurts but eventually you will have space to give a new companion a forever home. Big Hug!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suhaimah
It hurts so bad every time you think of them like a dagger through the heart. But it slowly gets better. I am so sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
1574776024233.png :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2: