• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Detroit Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Great pics!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Great pictures.

Wonder if the zoo uses the peacocks as part of their warning/security system...great alert birds. Wineries in Europe use geese for the same purpose.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Great pictures.

Wonder if the zoo uses the peacocks as part of their warning/security system...great alert birds. Wineries in Europe use geese for the same purpose.

LaceyRead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lacey
Thanks!
They also have geese roaming as well
here a pic of me with one of them, very social lol
Went though the kangaroo exhibit too

Attachments

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Awesome pics!! I love the little baby gorillas.... to cute!

That fence isn't very high to keep in the kangaroos... lol

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Great pics! Love them! I hate it when peacocks roam the ground, I nearly got attacked by a male once, he chased me (I was running, and I am a fairly fast runner as I have played soccer my entire life) and I finally found a building to hide in until he left. Uggh not a great experience.

emilybsharp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
oh the fence is high for them, they have doors that you go through to get into the exhibit, and the roos are able to roam free, we "people" have to just stay on the path, last year we got to see the baby joey up close and personal! i:heart:all animals :) my husband had taken some awesome pics from there, but with the move, i dont know if ill ever find them. but when i do, i will post!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

The butterfly house is super cool there also. I havent been in a few years, I usually go to Toledo now it is closer.

emilybsharp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
oh yea! gotta love the butterfly house! that slipped my mind! that is awesome! i havent been to the toledo zoo since i was a kid! i should make some room in my summer to stop in to that zoo2c what im missin

M

M.C Bird Rescue

oh yea! gotta love the butterfly house! that slipped my mind! that is awesome! i havent been to the toledo zoo since i was a kid! i should make some room in my summer to stop in to that zoo2c what im missin
I liked Toledo zoo because of the aquarium which was pretty sparce this year. We went with the Ann Arbor Bird club for a behind the scenes tour of the aviary and to see Cornelius a Golden Conure that was sold illegally. The zoo now owns him and he is a awaiting a mate there. I also saw a very cool alexandrine which totally changed my mind to owning one...OMG was he LOUD in a cement facility. I was also pooped on 3 times by Lorikeets. hahahah

ecvogel

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Eric Vogel
Thoughs are great pictures!! Nice close picture of the Rhino too.

Status
Not open for further replies.