• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Desperate for information on my Macaw parrot

Gypsylead

Checking out the neighborhood
I didn't know how to title this clearly LOL.

Just curious about the like.. status text under our usernames. I know they're "ranks" of sorts like probably based around your activity on the forums (amount of posts, reactions maybe) and changes when you reach a milestone.
(I'm referring to status text such as mine " Sprinting down the street ")

Was wondering if theres a place these milestones are for each "rank" so I can view what ones there are and when I'd reach them?
Hi Kenzie hope you can help I haven't a clue how to use this site I'm Desperate for information on my Macau parrot could you possibly help I would be so grateful kind regards gypsylead

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hi Kenzie hope you can help I haven't a clue how to use this site I'm Desperate for information on my Macau parrot could you possibly help I would be so grateful kind regards gypsylead
Hello,
What do you need help with?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Gypsylead I have created this thread for you. If you post your questions or the information you are looking for here, the board will do our best to help :)

Gypsylead

@Gypsylead I have created this thread for you. If you post your questions or the information you are looking for here, the board will do our best to help :)
Thanks so much my Macau seems to be constantly scraping and constantly chewing his wood or cuttlefish before or just after food I'm aware his beak is flaking but does this stress them in anyway .I've only just addopded him in May this year he's 11 years old .I've come such a long way trust wise please can you help

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Has your bird seen an avian vet about the beak?

I wonder if the flaking is annoying him, so he is trying to get the annoying flaky bits off by the sratching and chewing?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
his beak is flaking
Could you post a picture? Sometimes a bird will naturally have a flaky appearence to the beak

Gypsylead

Thank you so much for your reply ,so sorry for delay in replying. Just a few health problems of late but fine now. I find it a bit confusing to use the forum. I've tried many times to confirm email address.to no avail I was so grateful for your help thank you Mizzley & Ali
kind regards Gypdylead

Reactions: Ali

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Welcome to AA. You will become an expert on this forum very quickly.

A macaw's beak consists of the same material (keratin) that our fingernails do. The beak also continually grows and surface keratin flakes off as the beak grows. Absolutely normal and sometimes their beak looks terrible and other times it looks great. Your bird's beak is normal unless it is cracked.

A bird, any bird, hates a dirty beak and they will rub it until they think it's clean. Again, absolutely normal.

Birds chew wood - that is their job - they do it for fun, to keep their beak in condition and to express the way they are feeling (angry, happy, fun time).

I don't understand what you meant about "confirming email addresses". The forum does not operate on email addresses.