• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

blane1016

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Brittany
Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum and desperate. I have a two year old cockatiel named Pietri who I love dearly. I have been dealing with her being a chronic egg layer and an extremely hormonal female tiel. I am currently going to a CAV near my home who has been aiding me in treating her hormonal issues. She started on the Lupron injections before she became hormonal again and we switched her to the Deslorelin implant about a month ago. She doesn't seem to be responding to it, she is doing her mating dance, self masturbating under her wings, and vent winking. I have and continue to manipulate her environment with cage shock, manipulate the light cycle (she is getting 14-15 hours of sleep every night), encourage foraging activities, and manipulate the amount of food she is getting. I'm just curious if anyone knows if the hormonal behavior is normal with the implant? (she has not laid since late March) or if it sounds like its not working? I would also love to hear other people's experience with the implant.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m afraid I don’t have experience, but others here do. My only understanding is that it does take a bit longer to take effect, but I would think a month would have made some difference.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:bump4: I haven't heard of this one so I'm curious. Anyone have any experience with it?