• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Delightful Nutz Treasure Chest

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
You might be depriving your poor birds! :embarassed:
You know I give millet (autocorrect to killer, go figure lol) to my little ones but I’ve never even thought of giving some to Burt. The size of the millet compared to the size of the beak just makes the thought a bit weird. I might try just to see what his reaction is....he gets crabby if I drop sunflower seeds in his bowl- they get thrown out ASAP

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
You know I give millet (autocorrect to killer, go figure lol) to my little ones but I’ve never even thought of giving some to Burt. The size of the millet compared to the size of the beak just makes the thought a bit weird. I might try just to see what his reaction is....he gets crabby if I drop sunflower seeds in his bowl- they get thrown out ASAP
I've heard of larger birds enjoying it (I think at least Amazon size). If he doesn't like it, no harm done. It would be quite funny to see him hull those little bitty seeds.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You might be depriving your poor birds! :embarassed:
:rolleyes: I don't think they would be very happy... They won't open safflower seeds or eat flax seeds.
Now... I have seen a macaw that was fed safflower and he would open them.. Just too much work for my crew.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ripley gets MAD at millet sprays lol. I have tried to give him some and he either descends on it to rip it apart or he throws it on the ground. Not sure what he has against it :lol:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ripley gets MAD at millet sprays lol. I have tried to give him some and he either descends on it to rip it apart or he throws it on the ground. Not sure what he has against it :lol:
Yep Buddy too! Occasionally, I'd find a chomp out of those bug ones that came in the higgin's seed & pellet combo bags. I've even tried sprouting it a million times stripping it from it's stalk. Nope, I end up pitching it. The rest will probably go into mine or my friends feeders outdoors. Still trying to sprout every now & then but I'm feeling it's time I waste when I do!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Macawnutz The Coconut toybox is awesome, do the attach to the cage?

@saroj12 Thank you for sharing the pics! Fids look great!!!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
@Macawnutz The Coconut toybox is awesome, do the attach to the cage?

@saroj12 Thank you for sharing the pics! Fids look great!!!
Yes, they are a side mount coconut toy chest with a removable top. Stainless steel bolt mount with 2" washers.

They are not available on the store quite yet. Five have gone out in monthly subscription toy boxes for critiquing. :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hmmm, they are really cool! I think Buddy may enjoy an actual toy box vrs. his forage bowl. I had to empty his forage bowl yesterday just because he had sooooo many little wood chips in it. He dug for his teaspoon of seeds & it sounded like it was raining in his cage! Dang, now I wish I had taken a pic. You'da been :rofl:rolling! I have to juggle some funds after the holidays, hopefully I'll be able to get one for his gotcha day present!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
thanks Chris. TCFeathers Aviary used to be DJFeathers. She gets it made by a lady. Last year iamwhoiam and i bought these (I replace them when they get chewedup)and they had very strong perfume smell which didn't wash out. So i bought and washed my own fleece and sent it in toTCFeathers and it was fine. She charged less because i sent i the fabric.
The smell was very strong with the one I got. Smelled perfumey, almost like scented detergent or a dryer sheet. I soaked it a few times but it didn't help. TC did give me a full refund and I appreciated that. I know of another person who got one but his didn't smell and the ones I received a few years ago did not smell.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, they are a side mount coconut toy chest with a removable top. Stainless steel bolt mount with 2" washers.

They are not available on the store quite yet. Five have gone out in monthly subscription toy boxes for critiquing. :)
I have to figure out which bird to give this to and then I will post some photos and let you know what the chosen bird thinks about the toy. :) Will probably go to one of the red-bellied parrots.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have to figure out which bird to give this to and then I will post some photos and let you know what the chosen bird thinks about the toy. :) Will probably go to one of the red-bellied parrots.
Cannot wait to see!