• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Deleted characters, autocomplete issues, and random capitalization on mobile

KiwiandLemony

Walking the driveway
Apologies for any inconvenience but recently I’ve had issues with autocomplete, capitalization, and deleted characters. When using autocomplete when you select the word your typing it does not process the characters that were missing- if I were to type in autoc and then press autocomplete it would remember that as just autoc making the next word incorrect if again I use autocomplete. I’ve also had issues with random capitalization, this Is just as it sounds characters are randomly capitalized although it appears to only be at the first letter in a word. Finally I’ve had issues with deleted characters, when I use punctuation sometimes the letter prior deletes itself, for Example -I did not intentionally capitilze the E it was the random capitalization- if I had a comma would look like this: parallelogra, if in actuality I had typed parallelogram. Just for background information I do use and iPad to post on AA.

Thank you,
Kiwi and Lemony

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Auto complete is not a part of the forum software it is something on the device you are using

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It's a "problem" with your device.

"Example" - you could have pressed "E", then swiped up (if you use a "swype" type keyboard instead of individually pressing the keys as you would on a computer keyboard) which would have capitalized the letter

For the rest... maybe consider resetting the keyboard dictionary? Should be under general settings, reset, then reset keyboard. It will "unlearn" everything it has learned, thus making it as if you have just gotten the phone.

That is, based on Google search. I'm an Android user. I also refuse to comment and mostly browse forums while on my phone. I might to look something up but I otherwise use a computer to browse and respond to questions or make a post.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If you're on an Android device you could also try installing and using SwiftKey as your default keyboard. I've never had any issues with it and if it does give any problems it's dead easy to completely feset it.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I had (new ones lately) those same issues. I installed the SwiftKey, and I like it a lot better.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have the same issue with Gboard (the Google default keyboard) but if I use SwiftKey the problem disappears.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
SwiftKey is also on iPhone