• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dehydrated test subjects

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
@Mizzely You absolutely must dehydrate some watermelon - tastes just like candy when done!!!
Dehydrated Water ! what an oxymoron ! :loltears:

I do enjoy dehydrated mango, so I imagine watermelon would be good. It must take ages and ages to make.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thank you for answering all my questions. Very interesting little appliance indeed. If only I didn’t already own more kitchen appliances than I need :/
And now I must add a ninja to the list of too many kitchen appliances :D I could not pass up an offer of a brand new one still in the box for $100.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
And now I must add a ninja to the list of too many kitchen appliances :D I could not pass up an offer of a brand new one still in the box for $100.
I bought one. Just tried it tonight and it was a little stinky on startup. Decided to run it a few times outside before using it inside.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I bought one. Just tried it tonight and it was a little stinky on startup. Decided to run it a few times outside before using it inside.
We washed ours out then did the same as you. I still miss using my George Forman oven and grill but this ninja has so far been a decent substitute. I am yet to try the dehydrator function though.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
We washed ours out then did the same as you. I still miss using my George Forman oven and grill but this ninja has so far been a decent substitute. I am yet to try the dehydrator function though.
Yah, going to throw it on grill and let it sit on one of our porches today. Im all for quick and easy when it comes to cooking. I LOVE my instant pot but miss the crispy so insert ninja. :D