• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dehumidifier the room my bird lives in.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
None of your business :)
Its been very hot and humid throughout the week. Is it ok to use a dehumidifier in my room (Where winnies cage is) because its too hot!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can't help with your question, we just put the aircon on for a little while if it is too hot. I am mainly commenting as I am wondering if Winnie is still sneezing with the higher humidity you have at your place just now.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Can't help with your question, we just put the aircon on for a little while if it is too hot. I am mainly commenting as I am wondering if Winnie is still sneezing with the higher humidity you have at your place just now.
Not that i have noticed :cautious:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am wondering if your home was previously too dry for him, causing the sneezing. I am really not sure about the dehumidifier I am sorry- I have never used one, not even when I lived in the tropics where it actually is humid.

@flyzipper might be a good member to ask.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
I have an aircon in coming from the roof and it has different settings such as normal heater and cooler, then dehumidifier, i have it on only 30% so it wont effect the room that much.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
I am wondering if your home was previously too dry for him, causing the sneezing. I am really not sure about the dehumidifier I am sorry- I have never used one, not even when I lived in the tropics where it actually is humid.

@flyzipper might be a good member to ask.
Im not sure, ive been thinking because of all the dust under his cage, i've been vaccuming and day or 2 :shifty:

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Is it ok to use a dehumidifier in my room (Where winnies cage is) because its too hot!
A compressor-based dehumidifier is as safe as a refrigerator, however it will add some heat to the room while it operates to remove humidity.
You would need to use your air conditioner to reduce the temperature if it's too hot.