• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Deformed budgie?

BeoBean

Checking out the neighborhood
So I saw this budgie at petco earlier and was wondering what’s wrong with him and if he can be helped at all. He was pretty oddly shaped and seemed to be breathing hard but that might just be because he was scared. He was also a lot smaller than the rest. I can’t stop thinking about the poor thing and I’m worried for him

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That is a terribly sad picture.. all horribly clipped except maybe one :sad11:

Not sure what is wrong with him (if anything) but he certainly does look very funny shaped to me.

If you have other birds at home then seriously consider how well you can quarantine this bird if you were to bring it home so if this bird is sick your others do not also get sick.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aww :(

I agree with Shez, be sure you can quarantine this bird well away from your own birds.

Also, if you decide to bring this bird home, haggle with a manager and try to get a discount. As sad as it sounds, paying for this bird encourages these big :shocked1: chains to not bother bettering their livestock, conditions, care etc and shows them that even the sickly looking birds will sell because it tugs on peoples hearts :(

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree that this shape is odd. If you get this bird, you could start with a regular employee. They often have the right to recommend discounts, etc. & then it'd be them convincing the manager, which might go better.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah, I can’t even look at the budgies in the chain stores anymore. It just breaks my heart!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Most of the salespeople that handle birds are not even trained. If you talk to the manager I would definitely say something about the way his flight feathers are butchered.