• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Decision separating kermit and pineapple.

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
So it didnt get further then them just taking seeds from my hand and they even get really scared of me. I think thats because their cages were jext to the door and everytime i opened it they would get scared. Now they are really scared of me. I did change the location for them switch my bed near the door and their cage next to the window so its easy for them to get sun light. Also i decided to separate them cause every morning and night i see them fight alot. Is it even possible to tame scared lovebirds

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Taking seeds from your hand is a great step!
It is possible to tame lovebirds, but that probably won't happen until they stop being scared. Once they fully settle in to their new home, get used to their routine, and get comfortable, they should stop being scared, and then they might be possible to tame. You want to make sure that you still spend lots of time with them even now (sit by their cage, read to them, play music by them, etc.), because it will really help them to not be scared of you, and that will help with the taming process.
It's good that you separated them because they were fighting. It is also usually easier to tame a single bird, but you also need to try extra hard to stop them from being bored/lonely.

To be honest though, some birds are never tamed. Kermit and Pineapple might not be the cuddly birds that you expected, but you can still have fun with them! But, since they are taking seeds from your hand, you have a great start! Good luck!

Also @Zara and @Destiny might have some more advice :)

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
Taking seeds from your hand is a great step!
It is possible to tame lovebirds, but that probably won't happen until they stop being scared. Once they fully settle in to their new home, get used to their routine, and get comfortable, they should stop being scared, and then they might be possible to tame. You want to make sure that you still spend lots of time with them even now (sit by their cage, read to them, play music by them, etc.), because it will really help them to not be scared of you, and that will help with the taming process.
It's good that you separated them because they were fighting. It is also usually easier to tame a single bird, but you also need to try extra hard to stop them from being bored/lonely.

To be honest though, some birds are never tamed. Kermit and Pineapple might not be the cuddly birds that you expected, but you can still have fun with them! But, since they are taking seeds from your hand, you have a great start! Good luck!

Also @Zara and @Destiny might have some more advice :)
Thanks alot! Ill be sure to spend lots of time with them. College ends in a few so ill be atleast have some more free time