• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Decided to adopt my foster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
"Stan" has been here since around Christmas and although I think she adopted us the minute she came thru the door - it is a decision we did not take lightly. I still see her change and trust more each day. I am not "her person" but she let's me handle her. She just melts when my husband is around but I don't blame her...he makes me melt too LOL :).

We put much thought into this as we have 2 young children that she wants to go after but our kids have done an excellent job at respecting boundries. Even though they don't touch her they love having her here as a part of our family.

I believe Stan was liked in her former home but I can't say they loved her because she wouldn't have been given up if they did. For a Too she has no major issues just some plucking to her legs but there are new feathers already coming in. Someone elses loss was our gain. I think it is Stan's gain as well. She is on her play stand and out of her cage for about 6 hours a day and has taken beautifully to her new diet.

Just thought I'd share my excitement on our permanent new addition. Should be finalizing things with Jen (thebirdnerds) at the end of February :)

Attachments

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Gosh she's magnificent! Congrats!

Ginger

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Terri, congratulations!!! I am so happy you all have decided to adopt Stan. She is beautiful and will blossom even more with your loving care. Love the pictures, thanks for sharing and please keep us updated on her progress. Wishing you all the best.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stan is a very lucky birdie and bless you!!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats Terri and Stan! The difference in pics are unbelievable. You are doing a wonderful thing by providing her with a forever home.

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
She is beautiful and kudo's to you for opening your hearts and home to her.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Terri, congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad that you are going to give her a forever home :D

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Is that the same bird in both pictures? Wow! And congratulations to the both of you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.