• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

December 2020 Mayor of the Avenue... Princessbella (Theresa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Our "Mayor of the Avenue" award is presented to a member who exhibits the qualities that distinguish them to be an upstanding credit to the Avenue, a loving, informed, conscientious and caring bird parront and an all around good neighbor.

I am happy to announce that Theresa is December's Mayor of the Month.
I enjoyed reading your interview, and am sure that everyone else will as well!

1. What kind of birds do you have (age, species and names)?

I have one cockatiel named Bailey and he is 9 months old.

2. What got you interested in birds?

I went into a pet store looking for a kitten many years ago and my first cockatiel saw me, ran up my arm and demanded that I take her home. We had 11 wonderful years together.

3. What have your birds brought to your life?

A lot of love, joy, and laughter. As well as many friends, including those on AA that I would have never met otherwise.

4. What have you learned from sharing your life with your birds?

Not to take myself so seriously and that life can be fragile, even when you take the best care of your bird as you can.

5. What's one birdie memory that will stay with you forever?

When Bailey flew for the first time. The expression on his face was pure joy and he flew higher, longer, and farther than I have ever seen an indoor bird fly.

6. Where is your birds main living area?

He splits his time in the living room during the day and the bedroom at night. I am ashamed to tell you how many cages and play stands he has.

7. Did you change things in your home to accommodate your birds and if so what kinds of things did you change?

When I built my house, I made sure that there was a lot of open space with plenty of heat, air conditioning, and light. I stopped burning candles or using air fresheners, and I make sure that any appliance or cookware that I get is bird safe.

8. Are you involved in any kind of bird related group or activities?

Only here on AA.

9. What is the one luxury item you would love to have for your bird(s)?

Honestly, I am lucky to afford to give Bailey everything he needs or wants.

10. Is there any bird that you dream of owning and if so why?

Although I admire the larger birds, my dream bird is a cockatiel.

11. Describe a typical day with you at home with your birds.

When I am working from home, we get up around 7, then breakfast of "salad" (chop) and cereal for me. Then it is out of the cage for Bailey. First is the snuggle session after breakfast. Then he goes on top of his cage to play with his wicker and ferris wheel toys. When he gets bored, he will start singing to them and saying "whatcha doing?" and peek a boo and then it is helping me with whatever I am doing. If I am on the computer, I have to take out his computer (an old broken laptop that is not worth it to fix) and when he is finished then back to the cage top or play stand to continue playing, taking a nap, and going to bed when it is nite nite. He is offered fresh foods and pellets, as well as water all through the day but I can't put the water in a small container because he dumps it so he has learned how to use a water bottle. We also play a lot of peek-a-boo.

12. What have you learned about owning birds that you would like to share?

That birds are more of a companion than a pet, each one with a different personality, and you should really do research before you get one.

13. If you knew then what you know now about birds, what would you do differently?

With my first bird, better food, and a better cage (the spacing was too big). I was lucky to have found another site early on with people who were just as informative as AA to help me then.

14. What other hobbies do you have?

I knit, crochet, dye yarn, and make jewelry.

15. Anything else you would like to share?

I am honored to be chosen for Mayor of the Avenue for December. This is a such a great site and the people here are so welcoming and wonderful. I am glad that I found this site. It is truly like a family. Thank you.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:congrats5:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congrats

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Perfect!! Congratulations!!! :strhng:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congratulations Theresa!! I enjoyed reading your interview :bliss: :starshower1: :yah:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:congrats5: Very well deserved, and I really enjoyed your interview!:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.