• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dear god please help me

dovemom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Haley
Todays bird adventures
1. I found a baby European starling in the yard, no sign of nest or parents, too young to be a fledgling
2. I received a eurasian collared dove hit by a car, unable to fly and had internal bleeding (she has already been rehabbed but she can't be released, rehabber knows me well and asked if I could take her)
3. I got a call about two baby birds that fell from a nest
4. the two baby birds are approx 4 days old and barely have their eyes open, parent nowhere to be seen after watching the nest for two hours
5. I discovered that one of the baby birds had a broken leg, likely won't survive. Waiting game at this point
5. I ran out of baby bird food because I have three hungry mouths to feed, and spent three hours trying to find food while they screamed for food
6. I found the nest for the older starling, got him back in and he is under observation to make sure the parents take him
7. Someone is getting me worms and crickets tomorrow from petsmart to feed the babies
8. what the actual hell is wrong with me. While I am always willing to take in a bird in need, and a lot of people in my town seem to think I'm a rehabber, I don't have the recourses to take in any more birds. I was planning on getting three more doves in a few days...that ain't happening now.

SOME NOTES BEFORE YALL MURDER ME
I know the responsibilities of caring for the starlings, and if I need help I know our bird rehabber really really well. I've raised an orphaned green heron, and given a home to two pelicans. I have the recourses I need, and if it comes down to it I have tons of dog food that I can use for bird mash. And while one of the babies is hurt, there is nothing me or the rehabber can do.

HOWEVER
if anyone here has raised starlings before, I would love some pointers/heads up!

IMG-2186.jpg IMG-2184.jpg