• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Dark poop? Acting completely normal, no dietary changes

ChronicHal

Meeting neighbors
My GCC has dark poop which I just noticed today. His diet is zupreem fruit pellets and he gets a little Higgins everyday, along with fruit and vegetables depending on the day.
He's acting completely normal.
However when checking his toys I seen that one of his toys has dark blue paper that he has been chewing on, I have removed this toy.
Do you guys think it's the toy? I'm unable to get ahold of any vet.
Please help, this bird is my baby.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Could be the toy. Just watch him (and don't panic - that doesn't do any one any good.) If it was the paper he ate the dark poops should go away in 24 hours or so. If it doesn't go away by then, come on back and we'll try to figure out if he is sick or not.

ChronicHal

Meeting neighbors
Thank you for responding! I'll keep an eye on him. As soon as I seen the poop I started balling because he and my other birds mean so much to me.
The other birds all have normal poop, same diet but with small differences by species.