• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

danger in snack bags

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
dogs die when they get chip bags on their faces. I imagine it could happen to other pets too?
In any case - don't leave snack bags out - put the snacks into another container/bowl. and CUT the bags open before putting into trash can!

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
So scary ! One of my dogs stuck his head in one of those huge Cheetos containers. The kids had left it upstairs. I was downstairs and I heard him banging something on the walls. I started for the stairs in time to see our large husky tumbling down our old house- steep, narrow, long stairway. There was no way he could have gotten it off. I pulled it off and both of us were really scared. I can’t look at one of those containers without thinking about this. And it didn’t come off very easily.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a good idea to cut those before throwing them out! I always cut up those bottles of pop rings & recycle. If it were up to me, I would only but glass btl pops, & avoid those plastic ring things all together! I never thought of these bags as a hazard not only for dogs but scavangers like oppossums & raccoons. Most people don't appreciate them, but everyone has a job on this planet, & who made us humans so great that they should be irradicated? :extremeanger:

Thanks for making me more aware!!! :gbh:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
As another reminder, if you eat Yoplait, please crumple the cups up so that wild animals won't be able to get their heads stuck inside them and suffocate.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As another reminder, if you eat Yoplait, please crumple the cups up so that wild animals won't be able to get their heads stuck inside them and suffocate.
We recycle these in my town, I thought. Next time I buy them I'll have to check the bottom of them

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
@MommyBird
Thank you for the link! There are so many safety warning for children. What a great idea to extend them to all of our furry and feathered friends.

I found a kitten with a yoghurt cup on her head. She was a lucky one, because I found her and was able to cut her out. It was very scary. I ended up raising the kitten, this was when I was in middle school. She was one of the sweetest cats. A gorgeous little life almost snuffed out by a discarded plastic cup.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
These Yoplait cups have killed scores of animals, both wild and domestic. Taking a moment to simply compress them after enjoying will save many innocent animal lives.