• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Dallas/Fort Worth Avian Vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollyT

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Holly
I use Dr Osofsky and/or Dr Champagne at Carrolton West Pet Hospital in Carrolton, Texas.

Dr O is certified avian. But Dr Champagne is equally experienced and skilled in avian care. She did wonders with our budgie. I recommend both.

Anna Osofsky, DVM, dipl AVBP, certified in Avian Practice, is a 1999 graduate of the University of California, Davis and completed a three-year residency in Companion Avian and Exotic Animal Medicine in 2004. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners and certified in Avian Practice. Dr. Osofsky also completed an internship in Small Animal Medicine and surgery at Louisiana State University. She has been with Carrollton West Pet Hospital since February of 2006. Her veterinary interests include exotic and avian medicine. Her pet family includes two cockatoos and a Shepard mix dog.

Ashley Champagne, D.V.M. is a 2002 graduate of Louisiana State University. Before recently joining Carrollton West Pet Hospital, she practiced veterinary medicine in Florida and Louisiana. Dr. Champagne's veterinary interests include internal medicine, dermatology, gastroenterology, and the human-animal bond. Her other animal related interests include bird watching and showing dogs. The Champagne pet family includes four dogs, two cats, two tortoises, a snake, and a fish. (Update: She also has a 3 legged turtle.)

Both Dr. Osofsky (aka Dr. "O") and Dr. Champagne practice at the Carrollton West Pet Hospital located at 3729 Old Denton Rd, Carrollton, TX 75007. They can be contacted at (972) 492-1828.

For emergency services the Animal Emergency Services of North Texas is a place can also recommend http://www.aehnt.com/
They are open 24/7 located in Grapevine, Tx. tel:817-410-2273

They took great care of Zoey and saved her life. They were very thorough in making sure I understood the process and procedures.

stephwin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
We use Dr. O too and love her. Fantastic vet with a ton of great info. Dr. O told me that if she was out of town and unavailable, that she would 100% recommend Dr. Hugh Hays at Summertree Animal & Bird Clinic. She said he was one of the only avian vets in DFW she would recommend if she was unavailable.

Here is his info:
Summertree Animal & Bird Clinic
12300 Inwood Rd Ste #102
Dallas, TX 75244
(972)387-4168

Status
Not open for further replies.