• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
I am scared and sad right now. I went to a rodeo. I think I really do think I saw one of my mares there. I just read they are using mares now for bronc riding. But supposedly they are bred for it. I don't think so. I really think this was my mare. But there was NOTHING I could do about it. I didn't sell/give her to these people.
The people that My parents gave her to gave her to gave her to these people who gave her to a ranceh that have bo th cows and horses.
I am so scared that it was her. PLEASE tell me I am wrong. But then where'd that horse get he same scar and everything????

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
It's hard to say for sure one way or another, unfortunately. Are there any other identifying marks on your mare? Are you able to contact the ranch that provided the bronc stock? If so, maybe you would be able to go get a closer look at the horse, or at least find out where the next rodeo is that he's providing the livestock for. You could then make a trip to it and check the horses out that way....

zoomama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Is your horse registered? I know AQHA members can look up the ownership of any AQHA horse, so if the new owners registered her and you were a member of the registry, you should be able to see if that was your horse.

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Is your horse registered? I know AQHA members can look up the ownership of any AQHA horse, so if the new owners registered her and you were a member of the registry, you should be able to see if that was your horse.
You're probably not going to find someone using an AQHA registered mare for bronc riding. If they had taken the time to transfer registration, they would also most likely be members of the AQHA and would have done something far more useful with her, such as adding her to a broodmare band or using her in some other constructive fashion (WP, ranch work, trail riding, lessons...). Even if she's registered, chances are that the moron who has her now will not have done (or cared to do) the proper paperwork for transfer. :(

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
I have no idea wh ich ranch it was that did the rodeo. Maybe I'm being paranoid. but it had her sc ar, her star and her stockings and the roan colorin

Status
Not open for further replies.