• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Daily Maintenance Diet Poll

What brand of pellets do you purchase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
They actually have a ton! They have a lot of species specific ones. Currently I'm feeding Daily Maintenance but want Ripley on the African if he keeps refusing the Harrison's High Potency because of the extra calcium, etc
I wish there was an edit feature!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I've tried about 3/4 of the ones listed. The only one readily eaten by all 3 of mine are the caitec.
Zupreem was my go to for a long time.
I've ordered some harrisons. Will have to see if they'll eat them.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You might get more votes if you tag some people and ask for their vote perhaps.

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
I use roudybush ! I think it’s a great pellet. Tops pellets are probably the best pellet but I’ve read a lot of parrots don’t like the taste. I once used zupreem but converted because zupreem has added sugars, but it’s better then no pellet! I have read good things about Harrison’s as well.

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
I use roudybush ! I think it’s a great pellet. Tops pellets are probably the best pellet but I’ve read a lot of parrots don’t like the taste. I once used zupreem but converted because zupreem has added sugars, but it’s better then no pellet! I have read good things about Harrison’s as well.
I appreciate how thoroughly helpful your response was! I'll definitely take those things into consideration. :)

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think the parakeets would probably vote for millet, if that was an option. :)
Yes! Where are the millet flavored pellets?? My bird would like Cashew flavored pellets. If we can make cauliflower taste like brownies for the children.... just sayin' :joyful:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You need to post on the pellet tasting thread then... (unless you already have and my mind isn't working)
I haven't seen this thread. I also taste everything my bird eats. Through the years I have just about tasted them all and have a clear favorite. Would you please post a link? Thank you!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Mine are not thrilled with the Harrisons I just purchased. :(

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leia is currently on a mixture of Roudybush and undyed P15.

I've also tried her on Harrisons and TOPS (both flatly refused) and Hari Hagan Tropican (the granules are too small and she likes to hold her food). I'm polanning on adding Psittacus High Protein Maintenance to her diet and may try the Hari Hagan sticks if I can find them.

clarousel

Who feeds Higgins pellets? I've seen it around and it looks quite decent. *Edit: Just saw that it has added sugar so I'm scratching that off my list :wacky:

I'm on the fence with Mazuri and Roudybush! Harrisons is a little too pricey for me at the moment :(

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I use Higgins intune, Roudybush maintenance, Goldenfeast golden obles, and Goldenfeast Australian blend seed.

Vincent

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Our budgie has been eating Roudybush Maintenance nibbles. We gave him TOPS for the first time today, but he hasn't touched it yet. I like the ingredients in TOPS, so I hope he'll warm up to it.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Our budgie has been eating Roudybush Maintenance nibbles. We gave him TOPS for the first time today, but he hasn't touched it yet. I like the ingredients in TOPS, so I hope he'll warm up to it.
TOPS doesn’t have D3 so you will either have to take your budgie outside for sun everyday, or feed him some of the Roudybush with the TOPS.

Vincent

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
TOPS doesn’t have D3 so you will either have to take your budgie outside for sun everyday, or feed him some of the Roudybush with the TOPS.
TOPS' FAQ page says that rather than adding artificial vitamin D, the seaweed and alfalfa in their pellets has natural vitamin D.

I meant to mention that a family member has a tree nut allergy, which limits the pellets and seed mixes we can use.